Need help with Ebay

Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay

• yes
    • no
    • Just show me the results

Thanks for your comments - I'm still holding out for the tickets arriving tomorrow morning. I have emailed her and text her today asking for the Rec Del no. so I can trace it with Royal Mail - but no reply.

She did email me her phone no. and I spoke to her, she sounded genuine.

Originally posted by A_Partridge

Just keep emailing the seller, if that doesn’t work find a good witch or wizard and put a nasty curse on him/her/it.

You can do better then email. You can ask ebay for the persons contact details. They will then send you the sellers telephone no. Try ringing them and if that is no good then report it to ebay that you haven't received the goods and ask if this seller has buyer protection. I know that doesn't help your kids now but personally speaking i buy loads off ebay but would never purchase tickets for shows or travel as i have heard too many horror stories.

OK, I'll try and say something constructive this time.

If you know the name of the purchaser, and the seat numbers and so on, could you not try contacting wherever it is they're playing and explaining the situation to them - they might be able to reprint the tickets for you to collect at the door. I think some venues do take a record of the names and addresses of purchasers in case they need to contact them in case of the gig being cancelled, so they could always contact your seller to make sure you're genuine. Better still, you could get the seller to contact the venue on your behalf.

If you don't receive the tickets tomorrow morning, call the seller again and request courier delivery if she still has them, otherwise, report a failure to deliver to e-Bay and also a non-received item complaint with PayPal.

(The site map will get you there eventually.)

Keep copies of all e-mails and a written note of your telelphone conversation. As a PayPal customer you have buyer protection so long as you register your complaint within 30 days of the transaction. You can then register a strike against her as well as posting negative feedback. (3 strikes and out theory)

That way you can at least get your money back.

Alternately, if the buyer seems genuine ask her to call the arena and arrange the replacement tickets and then they have to call you to confirm it.

Further more, if it's the post offices fault, keep the details, envelope etc and check the original postage date, then they might be liable if it's them.

I'm sorry if your daughter is disappointed but there's a lot more you can do with e-Bay.

Good luck and keep us posted please.