Need help with Ebay

Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay

• yes
    • no
    • Just show me the results

I am thinking of upgrading to Windows XP. I have priced things up on the net at several places and the prices are £84-£102 for upgrade virsion and £139-£186 for full instalation. I have been looling on Ebay and find i can get the full version for £69-99 Buy it price. Everythink seems genuin with sealed goods and certificates could anybody put me right as to are these a genuin buy. Any feedback would be very welcolm. Please contact on email if you want.

Hi Regblind,

I got Windows XP Pro upgrade from Ebay for £60, it was brand new, boxed and I received it within 24 hours. I'm using it now with absolutely no problems at all. In fact, even though it was the upgrade version, you can still use it for a new install, you just have to make sure that you have your original Windows 98 or ME disk.

The reason they can sell at this price is that these are for academic use. (See Ebay for more details)

One more tip, make sure you buy from a reliable seller, there should be plenty of feedback for you to read just to confirm that you are going to get the goods. I've bought quite a few items off of Ebay and I haven't had one problem.

Hope this helps...:thumbsup:

If you're using Win2000 I'd stick with that... anything like ME or 98 though and I'd upgrade...

BUT... be warned... few caeats to be aware of..

1. Not all hardware have XP drivers.. be sure and check in advance.. Epson printers are a favourite on this one... :mad:

2. Reinstall from scratch.. don't upgrade... Upgrading is fraught with inhereted bugs and problems so if you go for a new OS you're highly advised to start over having backed up all your data and get a clean system... Trust me it's well worth the time.

To Martin and Agent smith.

Many thanks for you replys this is very helpfull as to my decision to buy. What a great help Sheffield Forum is.

From what I can tell its the full version.

The most simpliest way to find out about an item on ebay, is to contact the seller.

Skatie

Hi There Regblind,

Yes, it looks like that is the full version.

I agree with Martin_s, you'd be better off formatting your hard drive and having a clean install of XP. Just make sure you back-up all your important files and information, before you do this. If you decide to go down the clean install route, this is the version you'll need. But be careful though, and only do this yourself if you're fully au-fait with computers, as there can be snags with drivers for your other hardware. If in doubt, get somebody with more knowledge to do the install for you.

This does seem like a good buy, the sellers got 100% feed back, and the same thing in PC World would cost a lot more.

Best Wishes,

Agent Smith:cool:

Regblind,

What are your computers' specs.? ie Memory, Hard Drive capacity, processor speed?

It's just that, you will have to have a reasonably up to date computer to run XP, 'cause it uses quite a lot of your systems resources.

:cool:

Imagine the scene,sat at home surfing the net and you get bored.

As if by magic you stumble across a site full of all the temptations of evil.

The site in question being Ebay,and like a kid in a sweet shop you cant believe your eyes.

Time goes by and before you know it,you are skint and confined to the house for days on end waiting for your booty to be delivered.

Is ebay naughty or nice.

I've never really been on this site, but will just have to take a look. I'll wait until I get paid, though!

Ebay never ceases to amaze me on what people will buy. I have a friend who due to his employment aquired a full standee of David Beckham for free.

He promptly sold it on Ebay for over £100!!!

The lord of the Rings market is fun on there too! The current fortnightly collectable figurines are going up for over £15 at the moment.

Moon