Can A Travel 'Freedom Pass' Be Used On Sheffield Trams?

If it is an English National Concession pass (ENCTS) Senior or Disabled pass issued on an ITSO smart card it is valid on Supertram. If it is a London Only Freedom Pass it isn't. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Well, the document I found stating ENCTS passes issued in England were valid is dated 2021, so could be out of date. I'm wondering if Firethorn's pass is not an ENCTS one - don't know how old they are.

If I was Firethorn I’d ask the conductor on the tram.  It’s strange when it was recently discussed on the forum and one poster said it’s unfair that people who have  Freedom Passes issued by other councils are allowed to use it on the trams which is funded by Sheffield Council. 

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

If I was Firethorn I’d ask the conductor on the tram.  It’s strange when it was recently discussed on the forum and one poster said it’s unfair that people who have  Freedom Passes issued by other councils are allowed to use it on the trams which is funded by Sheffield Council. 

I'd love to know where you saw that - I have an interest in transport-related topics, and don't remember it.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I'd love to know where you saw that - I have an interest in transport-related topics, and don't remember it.

I think Andy C has solved the problem.  I will see if I can find the post, that’s  my homework for tonight 

• Like 1

Andy C  is correct. 

If a London Freedom Pass has a Red Rose on it, it is an ENCTS(over 66) pass and is accepted nationally including(for now) our trams.

If a London Freedom Pass has a NO Red Rose (60+)it is not valid outside London.