Can A Travel 'Freedom Pass' Be Used On Sheffield Trams?

Thanks everyone, I've contacted Sheffield Supertram &hey've unfortunately confirmed that they do not accept Freedom Passes that have been issued by Councils outside of Sheffield. The freedom passes are definitely valid on Sheffield buses....but not on trams.

3 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

Thanks everyone, I've contacted Sheffield Supertram &hey've unfortunately confirmed that they do not accept Freedom Passes that have been issued by Councils outside of Sheffield. The freedom passes are definitely valid on Sheffield buses....but not on trams.

Strange, @FIRETHORN1, because, prompted by @hauxwell's posts, I have checked, and it says they are valid - IF you are 66+.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Strange, @FIRETHORN1, because, prompted by @hauxwell's posts, I have checked, and it says they are valid - IF you are 66+.

There was a recent discussion on here saying it should be stopped.  Can’t remember the posters name tho or which thread. 

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

There was a recent discussion on here saying it should be stopped.  Can’t remember the posters name tho or which thread. 

Well, the document I found stating ENCTS passes issued in England were valid is dated 2021, so could be out of date. I'm wondering if Firethorn's pass is not an ENCTS one - don't know how old they are.

Crikey! It's so confusing! I contacted the supertram operator on 0800 952  0002 &they told me that I definitely can't use my Freedom pass on the Sheffield trams! I'm next planning to be up in Sheffield in the last week in May, so I'll try to use my Freedom pass on the trams when I'm up there. If they accept it, great...if not I'll just pay the damn fare... and be done with it!

Daft really - I've only had my freedom pass for a week and I've done loads of London bus and tube  journeys, I've done overhead rail journeys to Essex & Kent...I've been on the Croydon trams - & had no problems at all !

Just now, FIRETHORN1 said:

Crikey! It's so confusing! I contacted the supertram operator on 0800 952  0002 &they told me that I definitely can't use my Freedom pass on the Sheffield trams! I'm next planning to be up in Sheffield in the last week in May, so I'll try to use my Freedom pass on the trams when I'm up there. If they accept it, great...if not I'll just pay the damn fare... and be done with it!

Daft really - I've only had my freedom pass for a week and I've done loads of London bus and tube  journeys, I've done overhead rail journeys to Essex & Kent...I've been on the Croydon trams - & had no problems at all !

Are you 60+ or 66+ - only the ones issued to those 66or older are valid outside the Greater London area.