Should We Phase Out Alcohol?

Plans to stop young people born since 2009 ever smoking/drinking are to be debated and voted on later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68816566

Rishi Sunak's bill aims to create the UK's first smoke-free generation in a major public health intervention.

The Tobacco and Vapes Bill would ensure anyone turning 15 from this year would be banned from buying cigarettes, and also aims to make vapes less appealing to children.

A number of Tory MPs have told the BBC they won't back the bill.

57 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Silly comparison.  Alcohol has positives.

Smoking has absolutely none.

Maybe we should ban cannabis, that has calming and health positives.

Maybe we should ban everything - this administration is creeping towards a totalitarian state, and to think I used to trust the party currently in power - now there is no-one fit for the job, as the alternatives have even more draconian ideas..

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Maybe we should ban everything - this administration is creeping towards a totalitarian state, and to think I used to trust the party currently in power - now there is no-one fit for the job, as the alternatives have even more draconian ideas..

Even though I quit smoking fairly recently I'm minded to agree with this sentiment. 

There is something really ugly about the state banning things that people enjoy. MPs as well - I know a fair few MPs are smokers.....I wonder how they feel about it?

38 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Maybe we should ban cannabis, that has calming and health positives.

It used to be the case that to smoke cannabis you'd have to mix it with tobacco.

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Even though I quit smoking fairly recently I'm minded to agree with this sentiment. 

There is something really ugly about the state banning things that people enjoy. MPs as well - I know a fair few MPs are smokers.....I wonder how they feel about it?

It probably won't worry them - don't forget, they are a protected species, so the rules probably won't be applied to them.