New Sheffield Shipping Container Complex Given Green Light: Stack

Seems like a weird location in-between an old scruffy nightclub and a barely used cinema in a quiet part of town

But im sure that 'Stack' have done their market research 

1 minute ago, Zach Clay said:

Seems like a weird location in-between an old scruffy nightclub and a barely used cinema in a quiet part of town

But im sure that 'Stack' have done their market research 

I  wouldn't say Arundel Gate was 'barely used' - when I've been stood waiting for a bus, it has appeared quite busy.

At least the begging scrotes won't have far to walk from the 24hr shop for a new source of victims...

• Like 1

Just now, Resident said:

At least the begging scrotes won't have far to walk from the 24hr shop for a new source of victims...

They'll still get the same response from me - there, or outside the shop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

Very surprising considering the recent experiment with food outlets in shipping containers. They barely lasted longer than Liz Truss.

They're successful in other cities. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187069-d14099012-Reviews-Hatch-Manchester_Greater_Manchester_England.html

Manchester has even moved onto making them into homes

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/trailblazing-shipping-container-village-homeless-21180004

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I  wouldn't say Arundel Gate was 'barely used' - when I've been stood waiting for a bus, it has appeared quite busy.

For bars & restaurants its not....its used as a gateway

I guess that Hallam Uni is just down the road so maybe they'll get a lot of students 

It could just be the catalyst to the joining up of that end of town with the main Entertainment and Retails areas.  I am sure the grand plan would be for the route down from High Street, Fitzallan Sq to the Castle Park, Canal Basin to be joined up with places people want to visit.  If you have locations on the way down there - footfall increases, other units get taken up by businesses and the whole area improves.   I am sure Tenpin wouldnt have taken on the old Argos on Angel St if they didnt see possibilities in the future.  Kommune (for now) still going, Hygge on Fitzallan Sq are other places in that area.

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Other cities are also more successful than Sheffield and have a lot more footfall in the city centre. I just can't see this sort of thing taking off in Sheffield. It's essentially similar to Kommune but in shipping containers, and the writing seems to be on the wall for Kommune already.

Forgot to add the link about Kommune -

Aye, put a downer on it, that's the spirit 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Sheffield City Council's venture failed miserably now they are going to allow another hahaha 

IQ=None 

29 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

Sheffield City Council's venture failed miserably now they are going to allow another hahaha 

You don’t understand how local planning authorities work, do you?