What Were The Best Years Of Your Life?

As some have said, hopefully the best years are ahead of me but as I don't have any experience of them yet, I'll go for my student years.  

No responsibilities, full of fun & luckily enough to sail through the academic part. 

• Like 1

The 1990's.

We had our kids, we moved to a better  house. Passed my driving test first time (a late starter). My wife got a 1st class honours degree from the Open University - to give her time to study I used to take the kids out for the day most every weekend - wonderful times. I moved from a pretty stagnant position in the NHS to the Voluntary Sector and never looked back. Pubs round Commonside / Barber Road were buzzin' , We started going on family camping holidays to France - where me and my wife retired to 6 years ago. Some decent music as well,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Same here. 1997 until 2022 when sadly he passed over.

But I have 25 very happy years to look back on for which I will always be unbelievably grateful. They just ended too soon...

Oh Anna,

I didn't know that, belated condolences for your loss.

My wife passed away 2015, 53years together, 48years married.

The happiest days of my life which will never be replaced.

59 minutes ago, Padders said:

Oh Anna,

I didn't know that, belated condolences for your loss.

My wife passed away 2015, 53years together, 48years married.

The happiest days of my life which will never be replaced.

Thanks Padders. 

A  really happy relationship is something to treasure isn't it? Even when it's gone. Y'know some people have never had that at all, so we really have been blessed haven't we. 

• Like 2

My best years are now. I live in the present. 

• Like 1

When I had my family and friends alive and well, hardly any family left and the same goes for my friends, every time the phone rings I hold my breath.

• Like 1

The best years of my life have been the past 52 years ever since I met my husband to be.   We've been married 50 years this year and have such a close family bond with our two children, son in law, daughter in law and four grandchildren,  what more could I possibly want  ?   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, francypants said:

The best years of my life have been the past 52 years ever since I met my husband to be.   We've been married 50 years this year and have such a close family bond with our two children, son in law, daughter in law and four grandchildren,  what more could I possibly want  ?   

A brand new pair of Flip-Flops...........

• Haha 1

Every year I've had a throttle in my hand 

& 

Every year I've had my foot on the gas.

Keep safe out there 8)

What! you wanted me get all sloppy, and say every year since meeting the now Mrs Rocker ?  :blush: 😀

• Like 1

The Seventies,  wearing my Dockers, Sherman, turned up Levis and going in the Daisy.  :hihi:

• Like 1

About now. 

I'd say the last few years of the 90s when I was aged 10 to 13. I was out of the house more than I was in, whether that was on my bike, playing football or washing cars. I loved the freedom of it while having no responsibilities. Plus people seemed happier in the 90s too.

• Like 1