Share The Last Good Deed You Have Done.

I thought I'd start a Happy and positive thread tonight and ask the forum 

'What's the last good did you have done'?

It can be anything. Something you did for a family member, a friend, a neighbour or a complete stranger. 

I'll start. A few weeks ago me and the little one were shopping in Morrisons and started chatting to an older chap. He was lovely and very interesting to talk to. We went our separate ways and we did our shopping. 

In the carpark we were setting off home and saw him again.

He was struggling with his bags so we asked if he had far to go.

He did and I doubt he'd have managed.

So we gave him a lift home with his shopping. He was so grateful but apologetic too. We had a lovely chat. Turns out he lives alone and struggles to get out so we left him my number and told him to call us any time he needs anything.

Bless him, he was genuinely surprised we'd taken the time to talk to him and offer help.

And in all honesty it made us feel really good.

So, what's your most recent good deed? 

Don't be shy now.

• Like 3

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Wow. #Life-changing 🙏

I’m still thinking of a good deed.  
Just thought of one,  bringing my neighbours bin back in after it’s been emptied. They never do the same for me.

8 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I’m still thinking of a good deed.  
Just thought of one,  bringing my neighbours bin back in after it’s been emptied. They never do the same for me.

I'm lucky then, because with my neighbours, whoever gets to the emptied bins first, puts them back in place. A tacit arrangement.

I do good deeds as part of my job in the care sector, so if I said something I did as part of my job it's be cheating! 

The last good deed I did that I can remember was buying my Mum a bunch of flowers for her birthday.

I'm sure I've done one since, but I can't recall what it was, so I'll do the last one I can actually remember 🤦‍♂️

When we had that bit of snow in early Feb we were walking round to the MILs to walk her dog, obviously snow all over the roads, spotted one younger female driver struggling, in front of her car with a mini folding shovel trying to scrape to tarmac to get moving.

We wandered over and gave her car a push, then the Virgin media van behind her.

Carried on trekking round to MILs, part way down her road and the same lady in the car had got stuck again... helped her out again and we offered her the MILs driveway to store her car off road overnight till the snow cleared.

She popped round the morning after, collected her car and left a box of chocolates for us 😇

I rescued a stray cat the other day that was about an hour from death. It's now in a cardboard box full of fluffy blankets and starting to come around and drinking milk from a syringe.

Did some shopping for an elderly neighbour today.

• Like 2

I had a new front door fitted a while ago but noticed that the letterbox had been positioned at the foot of the door,  so i bought a wall bin (not too large) so the post/lady/man didn't have to stoop.😇

• Like 1