Work Till You're 71. Your Thouhts?

My butler is not happy about this, and asked what bonuses he could expect, my response was a clip round the ear.

People are so lazy, nobody wants to work, there is no can do attitude

I don't work but that is because I am rich, but I am sick and tired of people who want to retire in their 60s.

If I had my way I would increase taxation and increase retirement age to 98

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rogets said:

My butler is not happy about this, and asked what bonuses he could expect, my response was a clip round the ear.

People are so lazy, nobody wants to work, there is no can do attitude

I don't work but that is because I am rich, but I am sick and tired of people who want to retire in their 60s.

If I had my way I would increase taxation and increase retirement age to 98

I can confirm this is true as I am Master rogets butler.

I can also confirm he has asked me to buy a gargantuan amount of pile cream from the chemist this morning as he has bunch of grapes so large dangling from his backside that we are considering an offer from the Chateau Laniote winery.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mister M said:

I do feel very sorry for younger people who will be working hard to pay my state pension, because I doubt when they get to pensionable age, there'll be much left.

So this generation of younger people are being shafted. Again.

Well they do keep shifting the  goalposts Mister M  and that's a fact, but I started work at 15 down the coal mines of North East Derbyshire and those just before me started work at 14. These days it may be 9 or 10 years after that that they start work. 

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

Well they do keep shifting the  goalposts Mister M  and that's a fact, but I started work at 15 down the coal mines of North East Derbyshire and those just before me started work at 14. These days it may be 9 or 10 years after that that they start work. 

Bang on the nail .Plus most now do not want to get their hands mucky .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, El Cid said:

That is not correct!

Most people over 60 will have a life expectancy of 85 or over, ladies live longer.

My life expectancy is 85, if you are a 10 year old female your life expectancy is 90, life expectancy in 1960 was 70!

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthandlifeexpectancies/articles/lifeexpectancycalculator/2019-06-07

Who do you think should pay for that extra 20 years in pension payouts?

Never lets facts get in the way when criticising the UK pension.

It is correct . yes there are sex and regional differences. 

True peoples life expectation is improving and that is what is at the root of the problem and it is correct that the government take action. It is not just the pensions it is the cost of looking after those who need care that needs to be taken into account

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Methinks that they should lower retirement age to around 60, get all the old farts retired which will free up thousands of jobs.

Then let the youngsters take the jobs, doing work, building up their bank balances, saving for deposits for houses, and then starting familys.

Young people can't get started while all the oldies are hogging the jobs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

It is correct . yes there are sex and regional differences. 

True peoples life expectation is improving and that is what is at the root of the problem and it is correct that the government take action. It is not just the pensions it is the cost of looking after those who need care that needs to be taken into account

And if the Government dont do what you want? People can take advantage of pension tax relief and invest some money in a self invested personal pension(SIPP).

Invest your money in a wide spread of investments and it will grow more than inflation.

https://www.ii.co.uk/acq/open-sipp-account?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Generic_SIPP&utm_content=rsa-sipp-product-1-e&utm_term=sipp&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzoeuBhDqARIsAMdH14Hp2VRqMU2W9V1us85w5bk9FLQ5-J67EuG6vPGZPGaT0BO2qPwowLgaAihwEALw_wcB

Stop people working at 60 then make the youngens have some,  stop their benefits if they refuse a job offered,  this country needs to stop mamby pambying and get tough, the lazy scroungers begging when they are fit and able.  :rant: