Ideal Or Best Ever Holidays

Looking back or looking forward to holidays.?

Having tired of the hassle of airports we had 12 years owning a static overlooking the sea at Whitby which provided some of the most relaxing and enjoyable holidays for us and extended family.

Nowadays we tend to go for holiday cottages around the U.K.and so far all our choices have been good to excellent.

What is your ideal holiday?

In England : Eastbourne

Abroad : Malta

In this country the Isle of Wight. It’s the closest thing to turning the clock back to the 1950s!

Went there a couple of times as a nipper, five times when our boys were young and twice with the grandkids and families more recently.

Abroad it must be Italy for the history, culture, food and La dolce vita.

Never been on a cruise. I like to drive around and see places in some depth. The idea of spending simply a day visiting places like Rome or Venice is really off putting for me.

echo.

UK, Scottish Highlands.

America, Memphis. :headbang:

• Like 1

French Riviera & Monte Carlo

London

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cressida said:

French Riviera & Monte Carlo

London

Monte Carlo is on the French Riviera,   anyhow I thought you prefered Cleethorpes.:hihi:

• Haha 1

Brighton in this country. Queensland if abroad 

Abroad  ......   Formentera.

UK  ..........    Cornwall.

Cruise  .......   Yuk !  Never.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Monte Carlo is on the French Riviera,   anyhow I thought you prefered Cleethorpes.:hihi:

I knew that,  I just wanted to type the word,  when have I wanted to be in Cleethorpes!  If Mr Neeson wa with me,  wellllllll

Abroad  ......   Tuscany

UK  ..........    Orkneys

Cruise  .......   Ignore the 'entertainment' and wait for a bargain and they are brilliant. Have been to so many places I would never have seen on cruises.

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

In England : Eastbourne

Abroad : Malta

We like Malta.  Usually find a place to stay in Sliema.  Try & go at least once a year. 

Also go down to Guernsey & pop over to Alderney.  What a lovely island that is. 

We're very lucky that we also have friends that live in Portugal in a gorgeous town called Tavira.  When folk get off the plane at Faro & turn right for the Algarve, we get to turn left to Tavira. 

17 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Abroad  ......   Tuscany

UK  ..........    Orkneys

Cruise  .......   Ignore the 'entertainment' and wait for a bargain and they are brilliant. Have been to so many places I would never have seen on cruises.

Plenty of my friends love cruises and they’re becoming more popular.

But, like I’ve said the idea of spending one day here, one day there and one day everywhere along with thousands of other passengers simply doesn’t float my boat I’m afraid.

echo.