Holocaust Memorial Day .

We all know how Proud Biden is of his Irish ancestry  -  he must be chuffed to hear an Irish MP in Parliament say  "Keep the name of our country out of your dirty mouth"

Many Irish MP's think that Ireland should have joined with South Africa in reporting Israel to the UN Court of Justice.

Edited by Organgrinder

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Some of us were aware of that but it's further absolute proof what a conniving double dealing monstrosity Netanyahu is,  even to his own people.

Do they realise that the murders, rapes and other indescribable actions were committed against innocent Israeli's by a group he actually nurtured.,   for his own purposes.  

I've never even believed that he cares about the hostages because it plays in his favour if they die,  and stir up more hatred.

Whilst I'm not denying that atrocities occurred, it seems that some have been invented and others exaggerated,
See this local TV report

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

This is true. However as previously stated I do look for videos of Palestinians condemning Hamas and the attack. It's slim pickings and most seem to support it.

Like others I am not sure how meaningful  such a survey might be in the current circumstances.

There again it may not be surprising when Hamas are the only force to be fighting against the slaughter of Palestinians.

That is not to have any support whatsoever for the Hamas terrorists responsible for the attack on Oct 7th

This thread is to remember the the 6 million Jewish men women and children who along with millions of others were gassed , shot or burnt alive in the Second World War .

Why the barrack room experts on all things have seen fit to take over this very sad historical story is beyond comprehension .

Hang your heads in shame .

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Like others I am not sure how meaningful  such a survey might be in the current circumstances.

There again it may not be surprising when Hamas are the only force to be fighting against the slaughter of Palestinians.

That is not to have any support whatsoever for the Hamas terrorists responsible for the attack on Oct 7th

That is of course,  absolutely true and needs to be understood by everyone who is not trying to live their lives under oppression in an occupied country.

It is in no way supporting or excusing terrorists,  to point out that the picture looks very different depending on whether you are a free person or living in fear.

As no one at all is taking real steps to fight back and avenge 75 years of threat and bullying,  the Palestinians will of course,  be grateful for Hamas efforts and who could blame them ?

I also don't want atrocities of any kind committing in my name but that still doesn't stop it happening and it doesn't alter the fact that I personally,  am innocent of what my government does against my wishes.

I have asked the question many times on this forum  "Who would fight back in the way the French Resistance did against the occupying German forces" ?

Would some of you sit back and allow the occupiers to treat us in the same way as the Jews were,  in the early 1940's ?

It's easy to judge from a position of safety and stability and it's just as easy to judge wrongly because you haven't lived with that fear for those close to you who you love so dearly but can't protect.

Explaining the realities of a situation is in no way supporting the deeds which terrorists commit,  but showing why terrorism is so hard to eradicate and a peaceful solution is the only answer,

A solution for both Israeli's and Palestinian's will never be found under the leadership of Netanyahu  -  he needs to go.

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

This thread is to remember the the 6 million Jewish men women and children who along with millions of others were gassed , shot or burnt alive in the Second World War .

Why the barrack room experts on all things have seen fit to take over this very sad historical story is beyond comprehension .

Very much a reason to put a stop to all wars and stop listening to people like you broadcasting the hatred to keep it going.

You have never been inside a barrack room so I don't know how you identify the experts.

There is no shame whatsoever in calling for peace and wanting to stop cruelty and death.

Put another record on.

23 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Very much a reason to put a stop to all wars and stop listening to people like you broadcasting the hatred to keep it going.

You have never been inside a barrack room so I don't know how you identify the experts.

There is no shame whatsoever in calling for peace and wanting to stop cruelty and death.

Put another record on.

You seem to know a lot about me , I am sure we have met . As to not being in a barrack room you are right although plenty of building site cabins where the barrack room lawyers are just as much in evidence , As you well know the phrase is used to describe know it alls  , You qualify by all accounts as you seem to know every thing about any subject discussed on these pages .

I do not keep hatred going , You should take a look at your self on that one .

raise your chair a little it helps . And stop the name calling .

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

You seem to know a lot about me , I am sure we have met . As to not being in a barrack room you are right although plenty of building site cabins where the barrack room lawyers are just as much in evidence , As you well know the phrase is used to describe know it alls  , You qualify by all accounts as you seem to know every thing about any subject discussed on these pages .

I do not keep hatred going , You should take a look at your self on that one .

raise your chair a little it helps . And stop the name calling .

:thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Most people do not need “a day” to be aware of the horrors suffered by Jews and others and the obvious conclusion that such atrocities were carried out by a supposedly relatively civilised nation.

So what should be the lesson that it would seem we never learn.

You try to make a very singular argument with apparently no thought that other innocents are being shot,bombed crushed etc

And displaced from their homes and herded together just as the Jews were

Edited by RJRB

4 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Most people do not need “a day” to be aware of the horrors suffered by Jews and others and the obvious conclusion that such atrocities were carried out by a supposedly relatively civilised nation.

So what should be the lesson that it would seem we never learn.

You try to make a very singular argument with apparently no thought that other innocents are being shot,bombed crushed etc

And displaced from their homes and herded together just as the Jews were

:thumbsup: