If You're Not Watching Darts.

Turn it on now.

What a match.

18 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Turn it on now.

What a match.

Is HE winning ?

Won 6-2 unbelievable entertainment.

Darts and snooker is like watching paint dry however I wish the young lad well, at 16 what a great performance.

• Like 1

Guest ThaBoom

Has all the hallmarks to make it- overweight,  ugly and lifetime ahead drinking 🍺 🍻 

Looks like he's spent most of his growing up in pubs!

2 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

Has all the hallmarks to make it- overweight,  ugly and lifetime ahead drinking 🍺 🍻 

Looks like he's spent most of his growing up in pubs!

Essential qualifications!

200K better off this morning, Good luck to the lad, Would loved to have watched it, but Sky prices are .................. I pay for "Now " and that's all Sky is getting out of me,  just had an e/mail from "Prime" today, they are going to introduce Adverts from Febuary 5th - no reduction on price, but you can avoid the adverts if you pay an extra £2.99 a month.

It's not quite the same with Darts, but why do we have to pay to watch our countries play?  9 time out of ten we can't watch our home team (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) play without, it seems,  paying Sky.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

200K better off this morning, Good luck to the lad, Would loved to have watched it, but Sky prices are .................. I pay for "Now " and that's all Sky is getting out of me,  just had an e/mail from "Prime" today, they are going to introduce Adverts from Febuary 5th - no reduction on price, but you can avoid the adverts if you pay an extra £2.99 a month.

It's not quite the same with Darts, but why do we have to pay to watch our countries play?  9 time out of ten we can't watch our home team (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) play without, it seems,  paying Sky.

Eh? All of Englands games have been on Channel 4 for the past two years, or been in major tournaments played on the BBC or ITV.

As for the other home nations, thats the deal they have negotiated with broadcasters. They arent protected by law or statute unless its a game played at the World Cup

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/information-for-industry/listed-events

Edited by HeHasRisen

27 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Eh? All of Englands games have been on Channel 4 for the past two years, or been in major tournaments played on the BBC or ITV.

As for the other home nations, thats the deal they have negotiated with broadcasters. They arent protected by law or statute unless its a game played at the World Cup

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/information-for-industry/listed-events

Apart from the 5 nations I don't remember England rugby being on the box very often, And I haven't seen any of the Cricket being advertised as Free

Hard to believe he's only 16. He looks like a middle aged man. But his skill is undeniable. He's obviously spent all his time practising his art so good luck to him.

• Like 1

It's quite an achievement for a 16 year old. 

It's a long way off but I wonder if Littler would be a contender for Sports Personality of the Year 2024 or will he be overlooked by the 'professional' selection committee who decide who the general public can vote for?