Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

why am i not allowed to point out the good/bad of this project as i live near to it and it will affect our area?

you are allowed, you've just done it...?

• Like 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the area is also the current Virgin hot air balloon launch site...

• Like 1

Can’t see it mentioned but there is a public consultation at the Transport Club next Tuesday November 28th 4pm until 8pm. 
Go along and see what they have to say and you can also give your objections should you have any. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DumDom said:

Can’t see it mentioned but there is a public consultation at the Transport Club next Tuesday November 28th 4pm until 8pm. 
Go along and see what they have to say and you can also give your objections should you have any. 

Indeed, details at https://sheffieldfc.com/public-consultation

Also part of this is the proposal to redevelop the existing Sheffield FC ground in Dronfield with a new housing estate on the site between the Coach & Horses pub and the railway line.

7 hours ago, DumDom said:

hope they use buses as parking is limited, but thanks for the notice of the meeting 

You want to organisers of a public consultation to organise buses to take people to a public consultation where the vast majority are going to be moaning? 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2023 at 19:20, FoxLady said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the area is also the current Virgin hot air balloon launch site...

On 22/11/2023 at 19:20, FoxLady said:

what about the circus and carboot events they also do

• Like 1

On 23/11/2023 at 10:26, DumDom said:

I am away otherwise I would have gone and shown my support for it, appararently my neighbour has received a leaflet protesting against it.

On 17/11/2023 at 20:31, Thirsty Relic said:

Traffic will simply come to a standstill....even more regularly than it does now!

All very predictable, and has been for years.

What will happen then?  Well, the Council will ride to the rescue with their pet plan that was rumbled years ago and subsequently mothballed - extend the Supertram up Chesterfield Road.  With that in place, they can stop subsidising some routes, so there will be less busses for us to choose from.

Businesses of all kinds will have to suffer the enormous disruption of the ongoing work to sort this out, and many will fold as a result as there will be fewer customers able to get to them.

I seem to remember being told Don Valley was going to be a great stadium for both Rugby and a venue for music shows.  That didn't work out either.

can’t wait for the next 

“why is sheffield so far behind other cities” 

thread

• Like 1

On 17/11/2023 at 18:17, bassett one said:

plans are sorted for the sheffield fc and super league rugby sheffield eagles.plus a museum and more great idea ,but with all these matchs ect what about that awfull island ,what do others think?

It sounds good to me. There is plenty of space for it and it will bring added revenue to the nearby hotel.

• Like 2

Run out of business at Zenith, Irene? 😂