The Golden Generation, It's Coming To An End Now, Big Time.

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

You mean to put Anna's over simplistic, biased spin and horse crap on the actual definition.

Of course it's simplistic!

Because you can't be bothered to read the Wikipedia link no matter how many times I urge it. If you want to know these things for God's sake put a bit of effort into it! I've explained it in the past, Why should I bother when you can't be arsed!

The truth is you don't really want to know, you just want to carp and criticise.

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Of course it's simplistic!

Because you can't be bothered to read the Wikipedia link no matter how many times I urge it. If you want to know these things for God's sake put a bit of effort into it! I've explained it in the past, Why should I bother when you can't be arsed!

The truth is you don't really want to know, you just want to carp and criticise.

Pot, Kettle, black springs to mind. I have a feeling, @ECCOnoobis a little better informed than you, with respect.

Edited by RollingJ

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

You are damn right I'm going to criticise a post like yours.   

You provide a source to a definition and quite useful article with proper academic sources but then spew a load of bile and completely biased nonsense as to what YOU interpret it to be which bears no basis in reality.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Pot, Kettle, black springs to mind. I have a feeling, @ECCOnoobis a little better informed than you, with respect.

Are you so short of opinion and words that you have to get ECONOOB to speak to Anna for you ?    You don't sound very well informed at all.

I had a mate like that who would stand behind and tell a potential enemy that "he will hit you".

Try addressing the thread, if you understand what it's about,  instead of the posters.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Are you so short of opinion and words that you have to get ECONOOB to speak to Anna for you ?    You don't sound very well informed at all.

I had a mate like that who would stand behind and tell a potential enemy that "he will hit you".

Try addressing the thread, if you understand what it's about,  instead of the posters.

I don't know what your problem is - like you I am expressing an opinion, and seemingly, unlike you, I know ECCOnoob speaks with a great deal of knowledge.

PS - I didn't ask him to reply 'for me'.

Edited by RollingJ

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I don't know what your problem is - like you I am expressing an opinion, and seemingly, unlike you, I know ECCOnoob speaks with a great deal of knowledge.

PS - I didn't ask him to reply 'for me'.

Expressing,  as always,  an opinion of the poster,  rather than an opinion of the thread.   Never heard a real opinion from you in any thread yet.

27 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

You are damn right I'm going to criticise a post like yours.   

You provide a source to a definition and quite useful article with proper academic sources but then spew a load of bile and completely biased nonsense as to what YOU interpret it to be which bears no basis in reality.

If you really think Wikipedia is the sum of all my research on the subject you seriously underestimate me, but I strongly suspect it is the sum total of yours.

Anyone who can defend the damage done to this country by the Conservatives starting with Thatcher's Free Market Economics and deregulation of the banks, right up to the present day has no right to criticise others. The results are all around us.

To get back to the original point of this thread, why do you think the ordinary people of this  country have lost the hard won advantages and opportunities of the most egalitarian society this country has ever known?

Since the post war Labour government, the Conservatives have been in charge most of the time and done everything in their power to undo it. Blair was no more Labour than Starmer will be, and did very little to defend the working people, the life blood of this country.

We now have a one party ethos and a broken country that can't be fixed. 

Edited by Anna B