The Yom Kippur War .

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Mafya mentions it every time he posts.

Have you not seen his avatar? 

Here’s an article about Muslims in WW11 and yes I’m angry about Robinson because armistice day is about fallen solders from all religions and it includes Muslim soldiers including from my own family who fought on the British side=
https://www.muslimwarmemorial.org/education/the-role-of-muslims-in-ww2/#:~:text=It is said that 5.5,grown significantly to 2.5 million.

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Yes , we know that . No one else has a need to mention it .

No one else has challenged him on his thuggish language either.

You're point?

Just now, mafya said:

Here’s an article about Muslims in WW11

Snipped 

I don't need to follow the link. I'm well aware of and extremely grateful for Muslim contributions during WW2 .

I've said more than once (not on this thread) how it's often overlooked/ignored.

3 minutes ago, mafya said:

Snipped

and yes I’m angry about Robinson because armistice day is about fallen solders from all religions and it includes Muslim soldiers including from my own family who fought on the British side=
Snipped 

My bold

You'll get no argument from me on this.

Underlined 

A lot of people are. I'm non too happy with him sticking his oar in but I'm just going to ignore him, let the authorities deal with him if he breaks the law.

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I will be truthful and say I hoped the Palestinian march would not take place this weekend . I think I said it earlier in the thread .  I know they have the right ,I just wished that they would miss this weekend because we all know it would stir up trouble  and it will .

I actually agree but on the other hand in discussions I’ve had with people in support of it they say that it is a right to be able to protest and that on armistice day people will still be getting bombed in Palestine. I also got asked if I thought Israel would cease bombing on armistice day as a sign of respect to which I replied I didn’t know or think they would.

It got me thinking that here we are going on about a protest on armistice day yet our Govt is supporting the killing of innocent people under the guise of self defence which will be happening during the  silence of armistice day.

4 minutes ago, mafya said:

I actually agree but on the other hand in discussions I’ve had with people in support of it they say that it is a right to be able to protest and that on armistice day people will still be getting bombed in Palestine. I also got asked if I thought Israel would cease bombing on armistice day as a sign of respect to which I replied I didn’t know or think they would.

It got me thinking that here we are going on about a protest on armistice day yet our Govt is supporting the killing of innocent people under the guise of self defence which will be happening during the  silence of armistice day.

I know they have the right to protest but I wish it was not this weekend . Not going to argue with you but I'm not sure the Government is supporting the killing of innocents . 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Snipped 

I'm not sure the Government is supporting the killing of innocents . 

By doing nothing to stop the killing, supporting it is exactly what they are doing.

Just like our government is supporting the killing in Ukraine,  Syria, Yemen etc etc etc. 

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

By doing nothing to stop the killing, supporting it is exactly what they are doing.

Just like our government is supporting the killing in Ukraine,  Syria, Yemen etc etc etc. 

And how exactly does the UK stop the killing in Palestine and Israel?

Edited by Longcol

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I know they have the right to protest but I wish it was not this weekend . Not going to argue with you but I'm not sure the Government is supporting the killing of innocents . 

I’m not arguing, personally I think they should not protest on armistice day myself I was just posting what I was told by some who I discussed the matter with.