Lord Frosts Answer To Shrink Public Spending, Work Till You Are 75.

I see Lord Frost has come up with a way to shrink public spending, he says the pension age should be 75. What planet is this idiot on, mind you I suppose it is ok for those in the House of Lords  with their £300+ a day just for turning up. So he thinks when you start working you should continue to 75, a life of work and nothing to look forward to for a lot of people, I suppose he is thinking about all the money they will save through not paying pensions and people dying before collecting one.

Lord Frost suggests the state pension age should be raised to 75 to shrink public spending (msn.com)

• Like 1

Impractical and seemingly hostile.

Tory Baron Frost, mastermind of the Brexit agreement till he resigned when he realised how out of his depth he was, says you must work until you die. 

13 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I see Lord Frost has come up with a way to shrink public spending, he says the pension age should be 75. What planet is this idiot on, mind you I suppose it is ok for those in the House of Lords  with their £300+ a day just for turning up. So he thinks when you start working you should continue to 75, a life of work and nothing to look forward to for a lot of people, I suppose he is thinking about all the money they will save through not paying pensions and people dying before collecting one.

Lord Frost suggests the state pension age should be raised to 75 to shrink public spending (msn.com)

His previous performance as Chief Negotiator of Task Force Europe proved he was a blithering idiot, there's no need for him to continue to prove it. In his negotiation role he was incapable of negotiating the loan of a lifebelt to a drowning man, and now he comes out with this nonsense.

Politicians can ' work ' into their dotage, there were 21 MPs elected who were over the age of 70 in the election of 2019. Bill Cash is 80.

What about the millions of people that work in jobs where some level of physical fitness and strength is required? How's a 74 year old Bricklayer, Plasterer. Joiner, Plumber etc going to get on?

Not sure about you, but I'd not be too happy about Buses and heavy lorries driving around driven by loads of people of advanced years.

Also, where are the youngsters going to get jobs if no one retires until they're 75?

This country is currently been ' led ' by buffoons

• Like 1

Hang on! Isn't Lord Frost one of those unelected bureaucrats he moaned about during the Brexit referendum?

If he wants to shrink public spending, then he shouldn't collect his hundreds of pounds each day for turning up to the House of Lords. 

14 minutes ago, m williamson said:

His previous performance as Chief Negotiator of Task Force Europe proved he was a blithering idiot, there's no need for him to continue to prove it. In his negotiation role he was incapable of negotiating the loan of a lifebelt to a drowning man, and now he comes out with this nonsense.

Politicians can ' work ' into their dotage, there were 21 MPs elected who were over the age of 70 in the election of 2019. Bill Cash is 80.

What about the millions of people that work in jobs where some level of physical fitness and strength is required? How's a 74 year old Bricklayer, Plasterer. Joiner, Plumber etc going to get on?

Not sure about you, but I'd not be too happy about Buses and heavy lorries driving around driven by loads of people of advanced years.

Also, where are the youngsters going to get jobs if no one retires until they're 75?

This country is currently been ' led ' by buffoons

My bold. 

When I die, I'd like to go quickly & quietly in my sleep like my Uncle Barry.  I certainly don't want to go screaming like his passengers. 

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

When I die, I'd like to go quickly & quietly in my sleep like my Uncle Barry.  I certainly don't want to go screaming like his passengers. 

The old ones are the best 🤣

40 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The old ones are the best 🤣

But not that one :sad:

A smidgen off topic but still about pensions.  I'm sure ONE of the arguments Blair put forward for opening the door to immigration all those years ago, was that the UK needed younger people / a younger workforce was so that their various taxes & contributions would fund the state pension pot.

Of course the only problem with that premise & an aging population is that you not only have to keep allowing an increasing number of working age people in to the UK to fund the next cohort who reach state pension age but you also have to ensure they have jobs to go into & that those of working age are actually working & adding to the state contribution pot & they, their familes are not taking out more than they are putting in. 

The alternative of course is that we ALL contribute more. 

16 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

A smidgen off topic but still about pensions.  I'm sure ONE of the arguments Blair put forward for opening the door to immigration all those years ago, was that the UK needed younger people / a younger workforce was so that their various taxes & contributions would fund the state pension pot.

Of course the only problem with that premise & an aging population is that you not only have to keep allowing an increasing number of working age people in to the UK to fund the next cohort who reach state pension age but you also have to ensure they have jobs to go into & that those of working age are actually working & adding to the state contribution pot & they, their familes are not taking out more than they are putting in. 

The alternative of course is that we ALL contribute more. 

That's true of course and your bottom line is absolutely what's needed to solve the problem.

All we need then is some levelling up so that those at the bottom can afford to contribute more.

There will of course be a predictable outcry from those at the top who have had a charmed life since 1980.

I think its an excellent idea that he suggests working until retiring at 75, just to make peole aware of how out of touch he and the rest of the party is.