Changing A Life Times Sporting Habit.

I have watched the Owls for 70 years , A season ticket holder for many of those years , Three years ago I stopped attending matches , Apart from the team being not vey good or entertaining I was disgusted with a certain section of the crowd in Hillsbro  who's main reason for attending was to abuse and taunt the away section , the language and chants are appalling ,( It happens else where before any one decides to get brownie points). .

Any way I packed it in (Got my season ticket money refunded no argument just invited to the office and got the cheque ) 

So I then  had look around and decided to try the ice Hockey , The Sheffield Steelers in fact .  

What a eye opener the whole event was or is , The friendly crowds, full family attendance , no swearing, pushing or daft behaviour , 

The dancing , music , cheer leaders , plus three 15 minute breaks for a beer sold in a organised concourse with friendly staff and spectators .

To sum up the score seems to be not important , Its the spectacle ,the day out and so on .

So it  is the Rugby next , got to try the Sheffield Eagles , see what that offers who knows it may be even better .

• Like 2

If you like Speedway but don’t want to pay to get in get someone to make motorbike noises and throw some gravel in your face it’s just like being there.

51 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

If you like Speedway but don’t want to pay to get in get someone to make motorbike noises and throw some gravel in your face it’s just like being there.

If you go to speedway, just watch who is leading at the first bend and they generally win. Dull as ditchwater.

I love to watch a bit of golf think its great i also like to see a bit of rugby  all but fell out with football.

I think Cuttsie should take up Dominoes.

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

I have watched the Owls for 70 years , A season ticket holder for many of those years , Three years ago I stopped attending matches , Apart from the team being not vey good or entertaining I was disgusted with a certain section of the crowd in Hillsbro  who's main reason for attending was to abuse and taunt the away section , the language and chants are appalling ,( It happens else where before any one decides to get brownie points). .

Any way I packed it in (Got my season ticket money refunded no argument just invited to the office and got the cheque ) 

So I then  had look around and decided to try the ice Hockey , The Sheffield Steelers in fact .  

What a eye opener the whole event was or is , The friendly crowds, full family attendance , no swearing, pushing or daft behaviour , 

The dancing , music , cheer leaders , plus three 15 minute breaks for a beer sold in a organised concourse with friendly staff and spectators .

To sum up the score seems to be not important , Its the spectacle ,the day out and so on .

So it  is the Rugby next , got to try the Sheffield Eagles , see what that offers who knows it may be even better .

I worked with a big Wednesday fan , season ticket holder and went to away games . His 10 year old son pestered him to take him to ice hockey . He took him and was hooked on it . No More Hillsborough for him. 

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I think Cuttsie should take up Dominoes.

If i do I will not pretend to be playing tiddly winks ,My support for dominoes will be one hundred percent . 

Bang on the spot 

57 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I worked with a big Wednesday fan , season ticket holder and went to away games . His 10 year old son pestered him to take him to ice hockey . He took him and was hooked on it . No More Hillsborough for him. 

The experience is amazing ,, My old dutch who is only interested in Cycle racing events is also hooked , its a great game .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cuttsie, try going to Bramall Lane. you won't be disappointed.

We are an open church. Become a 'Born again Blade'.

Been to see the ice hockey two or three times.

It's so fast, I can never see the puck.

Makes it a bit pointless, frankly!

2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Cuttsie, try going to Bramall Lane. you won't be disappointed.

We are an open church. Become a 'Born again Blade'.

Spent many a happy hour at the Lane when it belonged to its rightful owners .  YCC.

1 hour ago, FoxLady said:

Been to see the ice hockey two or three times.

It's so fast, I can never see the puck.

Makes it a bit pointless, frankly!

Ive got one eye and found no problem , them glasses in poundland are very good value .