Why Are Women So Much More Bothered About xmas and birthdays than men ?

• 1 month later...
On 29/09/2023 at 10:38, Chekhov said:

Is it just me, and all my mates, who have noticed that women are much more bothered about Christmas and birthdays than men are ?

Why is that ?

And is the fact there appears to be such  huge difference the cause of much of the friction at those times ?

Because it's the women who make it happen. 

Particularly when they have small children. They are the ones who put the magic in it for the children, and it becomes a habit that's hard to break. The men leave them to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Because it's the women who make it happen. 

Particularly when they have small children. They are the ones who put the magic in it for the children, and it becomes a habit that's hard to break. The men leave them to it.

I agree!  My Nan, Mam and Aunts all of my life have always made sure we all had a  great Xmas thats what they do,  Weddings, Funerals ect,  the Women take full control thank God,   IMO, if it was left to blokes I'm afraid the vast majority wouldn't be able to fit organising all the special occasions mentioned into their busy boozing schedule.  :gag:

23 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I agree!  My Nan, Mam and Aunts all of my life have always made sure we all had a  great Xmas thats what they do,  Weddings, Funerals ect,  the Women take full control thank God,   IMO, if it was left to blokes I'm afraid the vast majority wouldn't be able to fit organising all the special occasions mentioned into their busy boozing schedule.  :gag:

Speak for yourself, not for me or the blokes I know.

You must have a weird circle of friends.

👍

On 29/09/2023 at 10:38, Chekhov said:

Is it just me, and all my mates, who have noticed that women are much more bothered about Christmas and birthdays than men are ?

Why is that ?

And is the fact there appears to be such  huge difference the cause of much of the friction at those times ?

Is it because men are grumpier and more likely to say bar humbug?

I believe they made a film about it.

I'd be more than happy to forget everything around Christmas and Birthdays. I don't need any gifts or bottles of booze or clothes. If I do, I buy for myself as and when. I don't like cards as see them as a waste of paper and an expensive stamp. I can cope with a few days away somewhere but I'd do that anytime, not just when it's a birthday. If its for kids I can understand it, but I've never had kids so luckily escaped that too. 

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Speak for yourself, not for me or the blokes I know.

You must have a weird circle of friends.

👍

Yes my mistake, you and the blokes you know will busy in Lapland helping Santa out.  Hope its not too cold for you little fellas.  :hihi: