Laurence Fox Suspended By Gb News

29 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I think Wellness would be a good topic for a thread.

I'm ok with taking vitamin D tablets, trying to eat Omega 3 rich foods, walking 5 miles a day, and eating lots of fruit and veg. Am I slipping towards woo, and ultimately to QAnon and loving Trump?

Could be.  Though that's more wellness than 'wellness'.  It doesn't take much of an algorithmic prod towards the rabbit hole precipice to lurch from 'clean eating' and homoeopathy to Big Pharma anti-vax conspiracy theories and right-wing propaganda:

‘Everything you’ve been told is a lie!’ Inside the wellness-to-fascism pipeline

The dark side of wellness: the overlap between spiritual thinking and far-right conspiracies

“There is a strong correlation between the embrace of ‘wellness woo’ and being susceptible to misinformation. And as conspiracy theories and misinformation become increasingly about ideology, it becomes easier to sell both wellness bunk and conspiracy theories as being ‘on brand.’ In other words, if you are part of our community, this is the cluster of beliefs you must embrace – Big Science is evil, supplements help, you can boost your immune system, vaccines don’t work…” He could go on. “I truly hope that one of the legacies of the pandemic is a greater understanding of the harm that tolerating pseudoscience can do. The good news is that we are seeing more and more individuals get involved in the fight against misinformation.”

On 01/10/2023 at 14:51, Palomar said:

I think Wellness would be a good topic for a thread.

I'm ok with taking vitamin D tablets, trying to eat Omega 3 rich foods, walking 5 miles a day, and eating lots of fruit and veg. Am I slipping towards woo, and ultimately to QAnon and loving Trump?

I thought health and fitness were racist and fatphobic. Certainly the countryside is racist, as we've been told over the last few years.

Well.....they've gone after Laurence Fox now with some lame excuse about ULEZ cameras

I've never heard of the police raiding the homes of Extinction Rebellion any other far left group

Anyway....anyone sensible knows what this is really about 🙄

'Laurence Fox arrested after video showing police in his home shared on social media

A police spokesperson said officers had arrested a 45-year-old man on suspicion of conspiring to commit criminal damage to ULEZ cameras and encouraging or assisting offences to be committed.'

https://news.sky.com/story/laurence-fox-arrested-after-video-showing-police-in-his-home-shared-on-social-media-12976589

Edited by Jack Grey

On 03/10/2023 at 12:34, leviathan13 said:

I thought health and fitness were racist and fatphobic. Certainly the countryside is racist, as we've been told over the last few years.

I'd cancel your Guardian subscription if I were you.  The clickbait opinion pieces are warping your judgement.