The Guardian.

I keep seeing references made to the Guardian newspaper readers on these pages .

Now I have no idea who they are but the subject fascinates me as I actually saw a bloke reading that very paper while sat in the pub today .

He looked a very normal chap ,you know 65 ish with stubble and longish hair . He had a tee shirt on with the words (old farts rule) written on the front the shirt was loppy but I like loppy shirts so decided that these so called toss pot who read the paper look alright to me .

Now if he had been reading the Sun comic I would have dismissed him immediately  as those who read that rag always wear football shirts and tracky bottoms with a White stripe down .

Now that is loppy .

You can't always judge a book by its cover.

Guardian readers are supposed to be tofu eating, sandal wearing members of the moderate left. Which is true-ish. I think most stereotypes do come from somewhere that has a grain of truth.

Or perhaps he could be a right winger reading the Guardian to see what the enemy is thinking.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You can't always judge a book by its cover.

Guardian readers are supposed to be tofu eating, sandal wearing members of the moderate left. Which is true-ish. I think most stereotypes do come from somewhere that has a grain of truth.

Or perhaps he could be a right winger reading the Guardian to see what the enemy is thinking.

I subscribe to The Guardian online but also have the Daily Hate app (non subscription) on my phone to see what the enemy is thinking (and also laugh at the comments).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

I subscribe to The Guardian online but also have the Daily Hate app (non subscription) on my phone to see what the enemy is thinking (and also laugh at the comments).

I like to laugh at the comments as well. Some of them are incredibly outlandish