'It's Acceptable To Park On Cycle Lanes, Curbs And Pavements'- Parking Services

2 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

What irks me is you dragging up months old discussions that have been done to death already.

It wasn't busy at the time of the incident and no one was endangered that I could see. Read the thread, it’s all been discussed at length.

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind! :(

No-one is forcing you to reply, you know? :hihi:

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

You implied it ,

No I didn’t.

If you can’t see that there’s an increased risk in the evening / night arising from activities like parking enforcement, you’re not thinking it through very well.

When you are sending employees into situations like that, you have to consider the risks and make sure you have mitigated them as much as possible.

6 minutes ago, Andy_terrier said:

You are of course correct but on the video you can clearly see it isn't busy and the alternative location is literally 5 yards to the right.  During the day that bit of road is always available to pull up on and available.  Why is it so difficult to believe she was just being a bit awkward and parked where she liked?

As I said, I wasn’t there and haven’t discussed it with the people involved, so I don’t know the full facts, neither does anyone on here, so little point debating it further.

10 minutes ago, Andy_terrier said:

You are of course correct but on the video you can clearly see it isn't busy and the alternative location is literally 5 yards to the right.  During the day that bit of road is always available to pull up on and available.  Why is it so difficult to believe she was just being a bit awkward and parked where she liked?

Videos like that only show you what the person recording it wants you to see.

Was the person recording it not being “a bit awkward” too? Do they record and publish every potential parking infringement they see?

4 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Videos like that only show you what the person recording it wants you to see.

Was the person recording it not being “a bit awkward” too? Do they record and publish every potential parking infringement they see?

I think the person videoing them was being antagonistic if I am honest - probably one of the many upstanding citizens enjoying the myriad of fine hostelries in the area :)  Obviously they were trying to wind the PCO (is that right?) up but its not like they engineered the scene before they got there!

26 minutes ago, Andy_terrier said:

I think the person videoing them was being antagonistic if I am honest - probably one of the many upstanding citizens enjoying the myriad of fine hostelries in the area :)  Obviously they were trying to wind the PCO (is that right?) up but its not like they engineered the scene before they got there!

It’s Civil Enforcement Officer ( CEO).

• Like 1

I'm working on dissorder behaviour grids and so many of them highlight non-acceptance of wrong doing with acute intolerance to other peoples behaviour to minimise their own conduct.
26b check in with your counsellor.

10 minutes ago, Findlay said:

I'm working on dissorder behaviour grids and so many of them highlight non-acceptance of wrong doing with acute intolerance to other peoples behaviour to minimise their own conduct.
26b check in with your counsellor.

Hmmm... :huh:

I sounds like "dissorder behaviour grids" could be even more problematic to cyclists than the numpty parking officers parking where they like! :hihi:

I remember that road past the old Suggs as part of the cycling criterium circuit. A hundred cyclists passing at 35mph wouldn't have a problem.
So if a fire engine was to turn up to put out a fire where and how should it park in your opinion or do they park where they like too?