'It's Acceptable To Park On Cycle Lanes, Curbs And Pavements'- Parking Services

On 07/02/2024 at 13:44, Andy_terrier said:

I think the person videoing them was being antagonistic if I am honest - probably one of the many upstanding citizens enjoying the myriad of fine hostelries in the area :)  Obviously they were trying to wind the PCO (is that right?) up but its not like they engineered the scene before they got there!

In the video they're young, hooded and black which some folk do find intimidating.  But I did not hear any of them raise their voice or swear? All I can hear is them ask if her parking so obstructively is acceptable.

On 07/02/2024 at 13:44, Andy_terrier said:

I think the person videoing them was being antagonistic if I am honest - probably one of the many upstanding citizens enjoying the myriad of fine hostelries in the area :)  Obviously they were trying to wind the PCO (is that right?) up but its not like they engineered the scene before they got there!

In the video they're young, hooded and black which some folk do find intimidating.  But I did not hear any of them raise their voice or swear? All I can hear is them ask if her parking so obstructively is acceptable.

On 07/02/2024 at 13:13, Planner1 said:

If you weren’t there, and haven’t discussed it with the people involved, you can’t really say what alternative locations were available, or why they didn’t use them.

As mentioned before, the CEO’s have to consider their own safety and position their vehicle accordingly.

Personally I think this debate has been done to death and I can’t see why it’s being dragged up again, months later.

There is plenty of other options but that isn't the point.  Dangerously parking in a cycle lane over the pavement and on a corner is never acceptable.