Does Sheffield Need To Import Brickies Ect?

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You think that the mere fact of introducing a levy, automatically fills the country with Brickies etc.

Sorry,  it doesn't   -   there's a shortage,  which is what we are carping about,   and the government is considering foreign labour,  which is also what we are carping about.

You enjoy the delights of the levy whilst the country struggles to find the men that you and your workforce planners can't find.

After a lifetime in supervisory positions and running my own business,  I  understand perfectly well whilst you seem  -  -  -  Yes, very elementary.

Tell us where the Brickies are coming from ???????

I thought @NicolaJayne worked in a call centre for a mobile phone company?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You think that the mere fact of introducing a levy, automatically fills the country with Brickies etc.

Sorry,  it doesn't   -   there's a shortage,  which is what we are carping about,   and the government is considering foreign labour,  which is also what we are carping about.

You enjoy the delights of the levy whilst the country struggles to find the men that you and your workforce planners can't find.

After a lifetime in supervisory positions and running my own business,  I  understand perfectly well whilst you seem  -  -  -  Yes, very elementary.

Tell us where the Brickies are coming from ???????

thank you for your full and  frank admission of being  the  cause of the problem 

33 minutes ago, NicolaJayne said:

the School leaving age was raised to 16 in 1972  ,  that's 51 years ago , those who left  school  at 15  are now  on countdown if not  all ready  retired  as  to be 15 and leaving school  in 1972 you'd have been born in 1956/7  and would  be 66  years  of age this year  , which coincidentially  is the  State pension age for that cohort 

QED

you may know all the figures etc training skill blah blah but what you dont know is how a building site works and it doesnt work without people starting at the bottom and doing as told you have no idea lady.

• Like 1

Yes what we need is a workforce of people who will be willing to charge half what others will because they sleep on a floor and send all the money home 

It's great for our economy 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Is your dad bigger than his dad?

Does Sheffield need to import Brickies ?

Now there's a master of debate   -   give him a medal 

On 18/07/2023 at 07:47, hackey lad said:

Brave of you to admit reading the Sun  😀

Perhaps he read a headline while the paper (nearly said newspaper then!) when it was on the counter without buying it ?

Edited by St Petre
add

On 18/07/2023 at 12:44, cressida said:

Why can't prisoners be given training,  what do they do all day?

Plan their next acts of chicanery perhaps?

have we had some posts removed while i was beating the brickies apprentice up?

7 hours ago, NicolaJayne said:

thank you for your full and  frank admission of being  the  cause of the problem 

I would be very interested to hear what problems I have caused regarding bricklayer shortages ?

You seem to be very sure of your knowledge.

Very sure of your expertise too I would say so you must be what ??????       CEO of one of Britains largest builders perhaps   or,   you answer the phone at a training centre.

• Haha 1