Fargate Redevelopment

16 minutes ago, pfifes said:

The flower beds are a lovely idea but I hope they are not all pulled up and filled with litter.

I was rather sceptical about the initial grey to green scheme on West Bar, but they are well looked after and any litter is regularly removed.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

One assumes the containers are made of reasonably strong material and the vermin don't have cutting equipment.

As to the flower containers - the 'filling with litter' is done by Joe/Josephine Public.

Oh dear! :(

Please don't get started on containers again, Mr Rolling... :hihi:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

One assumes the containers are made of reasonably strong material and the vermin don't have cutting equipment.

As to the flower containers - the 'filling with litter' is done by Joe/Josephine Public.

Rats can get through tiny spaces and Rat teeth are harder than copper and iron. The jaw muscles of a rat can exert up to 12 tons (or 24,000 pounds) per square inch. By comparison, a great white shark bites with a force of 1.8 to 2 tons per square inch.

A rat can chew through anything that’s not harder than their teeth.  I’m not not saying the underground bin stores are necessarily bad though, I just hope that this will be properly rat proof.  

As for litter, of course I know that’s done by the general public!!  That’s the whole point!!  Anyone half a brain knows there are a lot of slobby scrubbers that throw their rubbish everywhere and destroy anything nice like flower beds.  My point is that if they are not properly maintained and protected they will quickly look a mess.  I would love nice flower beds in town but would find messed up litter strewn flower containers depressing and would actually prefer bare concrete to that.  

• Thanks 1

Been to town today , had a walk down Fargate . Made a point of looking at the shiny new paving at the top . Couldn't see it , its all fenced off and men are working on it again . Other than that doesn't seem to be much happening .  By the way called into Brendas Chippy just off the Moor , best fishcake butty I've had in a long time .:thumbsup: