Beggar In Asda Car Park

I was getting my car in Asda car park on Monday when I was approached by an obvious  migrant wearing a high viz jacket. He had his hand out saying he was hungry. He wanted £5 or £10. I believe he targeted me  because I was an elderly female who was alone. I said no and drove away. I'm sorry but my compassion along with my patience and money has run out.  Be aware.

Edited by cytine
Amend day
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, cytine said:

I was getting my car in Asda car park on Monday when I was approached by an obvious  migrant wearing a high viz jacket. He had his hand out saying he was hungry. He wanted £5 or £10. I believe he targeted me  because I was an elderly female who was alone. I said no and drove away. I'm sorry but my compassion along with my patience and money has run out.  Be aware.

I uses to give a bit of money or a sandwich and drink to a 'homeless' man at a Tesco near me. One time I didn't have anything to spare so whilst I was home I made some soup and took it to him but he wasn't there so we gave it to a paramedic who was waiting for a call.

Went the next day with some hotdogs and he wasn't there again but asked another ambulance crew if they knew him.

Yep, they knew him and he wasn't homeless he's just a scamming scumbag. At least the ambulance crew appreciated the hotdogs so they didn't go to waste. 

I'm far more careful who I give to now and if someone asked for a fiver or a tenner I'd tell them to do one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cytine said:

I was on my way to an afternoon shift (quite a few years ago) and I pulled into side road adjacent the Southey Library to return a book. As I was unbuckling seat belt, an attractive young lady tapped on the window, I wound it down and she said would I like to go with her to some nearby house to look at something (can't remember what it was). I replied (sadly) that I was on my way to work and wouldn't be able to admire whatever attraction was waiting for me at said house, and would get docked 1 hours pay for being 3 minutes late.

53 minutes ago, carosio said:

I was on my way to an afternoon shift (quite a few years ago) and I pulled into side road adjacent the Southey Library to return a book. As I was unbuckling seat belt, an attractive young lady tapped on the window, I wound it down and she said would I like to go with her to some nearby house to look at something (can't remember what it was). I replied (sadly) that I was on my way to work and wouldn't be able to admire whatever attraction was waiting for me at said house, and would get docked 1 hours pay for being 3 minutes late.

You would only have been 1 minute late. 😂

• Like 1