Former South Yorkshire Police Officer Jailed For Sexual Assault

A former South Yorkshire Police officer has been jailed after sexually assaulting a woman in a pub.

Former PC Paul Hinchcliffe, 46, was off duty and drinking in The Church House public house in Wath when he made sexually suggestive comments towards the victim.

https://southyorkshire.police.uk/find-out/news-and-appeals/2023/march-2023/former-south-yorkshire-police-officer-jailed-for-sexual-assault/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo

8 months. 

Too little, too much or just right?

Your thoughts?

58 minutes ago, crookesey said:

What the hell were the other pub patrons doing while he was committing this offence? 

Running to the other side of the room,  being me I would have challenged him and told him he was a desperate excuse for a man,  the landlord should bar him and could have stepped in,  it's up to those who run an establishment to protect their customers.

Eight months is insignificant and sends out the wrong message.

I believe he should have been dealt with far more severely than that.

I think that it deserved more of a deterrent if he had not been a police officer in view of the fact that they only serve half of the sentence.

As he was a police officer,  he should get at least double the sentence and he should serve a very minimum of 2 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cressida said:

Running to the other side of the room,  being me I would have challenged him and told him he was a desperate excuse for a man,  the landlord should bar him and could have stepped in,  it's up to those who run an establishment to protect their customers.

Eight months is insignificant and sends out the wrong message.

My fellow man makes me despair, I reckon that the pub patrons were wary of challenging him because he was a cop and the possible afters had they intervened.

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

My fellow man makes me despair, I reckon that the pub patrons were wary of challenging him because he was a cop and the possible afters had they intervened.

I can understand that,  they could have been among the ones who reported him.

None of us is whiter than white, but one silly mistake on one day, probably influenced by alcohol, will have blown his whole professional and possibly personal life forever. We don't know whether this was an isolated incident or one of many but doesn't this show how disastrous this kind of behaviour can be for somebody who should have known better because of his position. Sad and unnecessary for both him and his family (assuming he has one) and the lady concerned.

16 minutes ago, silverglade5 said:

None of us is whiter than white, but one silly mistake on one day, probably influenced by alcohol, will have blown his whole professional and possibly personal life forever. We don't know whether this was an isolated incident or one of many but doesn't this show how disastrous this kind of behaviour can be for somebody who should have known better because of his position. Sad and unnecessary for both him and his family (assuming he has one) and the lady concerned.

I agree,  they don't think how it will reflect on their families,  makes me wonder if they are thick, in which case they shouldn't have such responsibility.

Before they leave the station maybe a testosterone check!