Paying The French To Stop Migrants. Good Idea Or Waste Of Tax Payer's Money?

The government is giving  £Billions to  France, who must be laughing all the way to the bank. 

The previous shed load of dosh didn't work. Are they going to give it back?

No, we're going to give them even more!

• Like 2

All small boats that are stopped in the channel by the security services should take the occupants on board, disable their boats then take them straight back to France and leave them on the beach, if the French security guards can’t  see them leaving they won’t see them coming back.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of the French, I thought this was a humorous commentary on EU elitist attitudes:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

The government is giving  £Billions to  France, who must be laughing all the way to the bank. 

The previous shed load of dosh didn't work. Are they going to give it back?

No, we're going to give them even more!

Do you have a source for that claim, Anna?

Because most factcheck sites have it at around the £100-£150m mark. 10 times less.

The 'previous shed load' allowed France to close rail, road and ferries pathways, which is why the surge in small boats started - there is no other way to get to the UK. France has also stopped around 50% of boats so far.

It's not the responsibility of France, nor the liability of the French taxpayers, to stop migrants intent on getting to the UK. You want that service, you pay for it.

This has all been explained to you before. Repeatedly.

Feel free to exercise a little critical thinking and objectivity, for once, or to continue peddling xenophobic falsehoods, like the noddy little brown shirts that you have been trained to become.

We've certainly seen which choice you (and your ilk) have made so far.

9 hours ago, prince al said:

Waste of money. PM bribery, buying time while he’s in office.

Throwing good money after bad,  buying time,  I fear it will make no difference.

A start would be to ban the sale of all the rubber dingy type boats in France, but then that would stop some French people making money. That would never do.

Well, doing the opposite of what Sweden have done will be a start.

It's a mess, not one I have an answer for.

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

A waste of money. 

UK government are allowing these boats to cross deliberately in my opinion.

The longer this goes on the more this is beginning to look like an invasion of mainly fighting age men and the government appear to be complicit in it.

If War breaks out they will be just as quick going back to where ever rhey escaped from 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Macron must be saying to his Government The English are such fools, we have found a money tree that just keeps giving.

I read this morning about one who has said his British lawyer says it is not a good time to try and get over here, I know the legal way to get here is difficult  but if he has enough money for the smugglers and a lawyer then why doesn't he try and get here the legal way.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/it-s-not-worth-it-migrants-ditch-plans-to-travel-to-uk-after-rishi-s-hardline-approach/ar-AA18uiTs?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b5e230ce4bf84b4c88d3c5faa54aa75e&ei=17

6 hours ago, L00b said:

Do you have a source for that claim, Anna?

Because most factcheck sites have it at around the £100-£150m mark. 10 times less.

The 'previous shed load' allowed France to close rail, road and ferries pathways, which is why the surge in small boats started - there is no other way to get to the UK. France has also stopped around 50% of boats so far.

It's not the responsibility of France, nor the liability of the French taxpayers, to stop migrants intent on getting to the UK. You want that service, you pay for it.

This has all been explained to you before. Repeatedly.

Feel free to exercise a little critical thinking and objectivity, for once, or to continue peddling xenophobic falsehoods, like the noddy little brown shirts that you have been trained to become.

We've certainly seen which choice you (and your ilk) have made so far.

I heard it was Billions on a TV news programme. I've just heard the figure repeated on Radio 4's 'Any Questions.'

100 Billion is being proposed, which includes money to build a large processing camp at Dunkirk or Calais.' 

I also take issue with your implied assumption in your last sentence. You do not know what I think or the 'choices' I might make.

For one thing I have no objection to genuine asylum seekers seeking sanctuary in this country, as I have said, but I don't think throwing oodles of taxpayers  money at it, especially via the French, is necessarily the best solution. 

I have tried to give some better possible solutions to the problem in many previous posts, which you may wish to research them, but I have no intention of repeating them here simply for your benefit.

But why we would trust or expect the French to do the job I don't know.  It's a very difficult and complex situation which needs unpicking  skillfully. And Frankly it's above my pay grade and their's.

Edited by Anna B

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

I heard it was Billions on a TV news programme. I've just heard the figure repeated on Radio 4's 'Any Questions.'

100 Billion is being proposed, which includes money to build a large processing camp at Dunkirk or Calais.' 

I also take issue with your implied assumption in your last sentence. You do not know what I think or the 'choices' I might make.

For one thing I have no objection to genuine asylum seekers seeking sanctuary in this country, as I have said, but I don't think throwing oodles of taxpayers  money at it, especially via the French, is necessarily the best solution. 

I have tried to give some better possible solutions to the problem in many previous posts, which you may wish to research, but I have no wish to repeat here simply for your benefit.

But why we would trust or expect the French to do the job I don't know.  It's a very difficult and complex situation which needs unpicking  skillfully. And Frankly it's above my pay grade.

You have misheard.   Millions is being given to the French government and not billions. 

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

You have misheard.   Millions is being given to the French government and not billions. 

I heard it was Nine Million.:huh: