Balti King - Gone!

Bilge

On 24/03/2023 at 20:23, dan2802 said:

Im gonna wish which ever business takes over the premises well but as there is no parking outside anymore (well done SCC), it'll be a challenge.

Is the roof top car park still open at Broomhill? 60+ spaces & relatively cheap? There's another car park 2 minutes walk away as well with about 15 spaces. There are still 2-3 disabled bays on the road in front of the unit.

3 high-frequency bus routes stop in the area linking to Fulwood, Hillsborough, Crookes & the city centre (and beyond).

The area also comprises of relatively dense housing (I'd say 2-3k people live within 10 minute walk).

Staff at the hospitals and university also about 5-10 minute walk away.

It seems like blaming the loss of 2-3 parking bays directly outside the door for the lack of business doesn't really add up.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2023 at 16:48, AndrewC said:

Is the roof top car park still open at Broomhill? 60+ spaces & relatively cheap? There's another car park 2 minutes walk away as well with about 15 spaces. There are still 2-3 disabled bays on the road in front of the unit.

3 high-frequency bus routes stop in the area linking to Fulwood, Hillsborough, Crookes & the city centre (and beyond).

The area also comprises of relatively dense housing (I'd say 2-3k people live within 10 minute walk).

Staff at the hospitals and university also about 5-10 minute walk away.

It seems like blaming the loss of 2-3 parking bays directly outside the door for the lack of business doesn't really add up.

Your not taking into account how lazy people are these days.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dan2802 said:

Your not taking into account how lazy people are these days.

This is a misnomer and another excuse.

It seems that however lazy people may be these days, they're not so lazy that they've stopped using all the other restaurants & cafes in the area which in my experience seem to be doing fairly well despite the loss of those few parking bays. In fact, several of the most long-standing and successful restaurants in the area haven't had on-street parking bang in front of them for years.

2 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

but mangla closes and that doesn't get coverage ?

I only heard of Mangla closing a couple of days ago. Since the recent change of ownership it was never anything like as good. We went a couple of times post changes and it was decidedly average, certainly not worth travelling all the way across Sheffield to go there. Gutted really as it used to be the perfect place to go after  a gig, theatre or session. 

For me I loved it when you had the choice of either Mangla or The Kashmir.... Good times.... 

• 1 month later...

Is £30k a year in rent the market rate? Seems a lot to me. Add on rates, service charge to the block owners,  leccy, water, staff etc etc and you have to bring in a lot of money each month just to break even. 

Charity shop it is then. Or a high street chain taking a punt.

http://paul-lancaster.co.uk/retail-availability/#1859

"On street parking is available immediately outside the premises..." it says.  Well, yes, that's sort of true but not really.

Edited by Bilge

• 5 months later...
On 11/10/2023 at 14:40, Bilge said:

Stripping out work going on at last. Hopefully something useful will appear in this unit soon.

You must be mistaken - there are still no parking spaces within 50cm of the front door so how could a new venture possibly expect to make any money?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AndrewC said:

You must be mistaken - there are still no parking spaces within 50cm of the front door so how could a new venture possibly expect to make any money?

You’re right. It’s all ‘drive-in’ venues in Broomhill these days so this place is doomed.

• Haha 1