Balti King - Gone!

Bilge

On 21/02/2023 at 18:43, bungleboy69 said:

Broomhill could do with a decent curry house although to be fair they aren't many decent places in Sheffield anymore. Would be nice to have a few quality ales in Itchy Pig and then stroll across the road for a top notch curry...

At the minute our go to place is Cafe Indus on London Road. 

Apparently Cutlers up near Gleadless Town End is closing too... 

Have you tried Bambukat, just over the road from Balti King? Sells its wares as "Indian Street food" rather than the standard menu list of korma, madras etc but have had some delicious curries from there.

2 hours ago, bluecanary said:

Have you tried Bambukat, just over the road from Balti King? Sells its wares as "Indian Street food" rather than the standard menu list of korma, madras etc but have had some delicious curries from there.

Yeah I tried it. Thought it was OK. Tbf it was about 4 years ago and maybe we should give it another go. I seem to remember having a thali plate which wasn't as good as Hungry Buddha in the new market. 

Guest makapaka
12 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

I know some people who genuinely believed they did great curries...

I can only imagine they were half-cut, have dodgy taste buds...or have never been to anywhere decent in their life. 

Each to their own I suppose... 

it was rubbish curry. Owt you ordered just had a different food colouring in.

I don’t take any pleasure in seeing someone’s business fail but it’s not a hard luck story - it was rubbish and if they made it decent it would have been a goldmine in that location.

30 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

...the meals were later tested it was established they had been served with cheaper beef instead of more expensive lamb.

Just about sums that place up perfectly, passing cheaper meat off to customers. I mean how many Indian restaurants serve beef curries? Beef wasn't even on the menu but he claims it was for his Chinese customers.

He deserves all he gets for that, and for running such an awful restaurant. No sympathy from me.

Edited by WarPig
  • Like 1