Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

33 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I could hazard a guess if he is throwing language around to them like he is on here, maybe he demanded the person on the other end of the phone gets a shave and does his tie up properly....

To give a serious answer, no idea. 

I didn't phone anyone ,I emailed them and was quite polite actually 

• Like 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

So they havent replied yet? Just be patient then, I was under the impression you had rang them and got nowhere.

There is being patient, and there is being competent. I haven't had many dealings with the Council recently, but there were a couple of periods when I did have, on behalf on my parents/grandparents and to be honest, if I didn't have good managers who allowed me to take time off to visit the relevant departments in person, I would probably still be trying to sort things out now.

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

There is being patient, and there is being competent. I haven't had many dealings with the Council recently, but there were a couple of periods when I did have, on behalf on my parents/grandparents and to be honest, if I didn't have good managers who allowed me to take time off to visit the relevant departments in person, I would probably still be trying to sort things out now.

I think you’re being rather quick to question SCC’s competence in this instance. None of us know the exact details as they haven’t been shared.

Dealing with civil enforcement penalties is a regulated process. There’s often a backlog of appeals/challenges/enquiries and the “clock” stops for progressing enforcement once you lodge a challenge/appeal, so there’s nothing to be concerned about.

Just now, Planner1 said:

I think you’re being rather quick to question SCC’s competence in this instance. None of us know the exact details as they haven’t been shared.

Dealing with civil enforcement penalties is a regulated process. There’s often a backlog of appeals/challenges/enquiries and the “clock” stops for progressing enforcement once you lodge a challenge/appeal, so there’s nothing to be concerned about.

I agree none of us know the full details, but as I said in the post you quoted, I had plenty of dealings with various Council departments, and although it was quite a while back in time, especially when dealing with them on my grandparents behalf, my experience was a total lack of willingness to sort an issue. Fortunately, my job involved extensive contact with Government agencies, and I knew when I was being stone-walled - not something I appreciated or tolerated.

Appreciate these things are 'regulated' - to give someone a job, it appears at times - but I used to find that escalating the issues high enough got things sorted slightly quicker than waiting for the 'system' to grind along.

If the 'clock has stopped' in the case of mike1961, why are the tickets still being issued - if they are?

26 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I agree none of us know the full details, but as I said in the post you quoted, I had plenty of dealings with various Council departments, and although it was quite a while back in time, especially when dealing with them on my grandparents behalf, my experience was a total lack of willingness to sort an issue. Fortunately, my job involved extensive contact with Government agencies, and I knew when I was being stone-walled - not something I appreciated or tolerated.

Appreciate these things are 'regulated' - to give someone a job, it appears at times - but I used to find that escalating the issues high enough got things sorted slightly quicker than waiting for the 'system' to grind along.

If the 'clock has stopped' in the case of mike1961, why are the tickets still being issued - if they are?

Well I've not received any additional fines today but yesterday I received 3 in one go so maybe tomorrow I'll get some more to add to my collection.

24 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

It’s regulated because it’s a legal process within a specified national framework. Nothing to do with giving someone a job.

Councils process huge numbers of penalties, no one needs to create jobs for the sake of it in that area of work.

The clock stops on progressing the enforcement of the penalties ie if it’s a challenge at the first stage of the process, where the fine can be paid at discounted rate, it doesn’t progress to the full amount being due until the challenge is resolved.

We don’t know because we haven’t been told ( and there’s no need to tell us), exactly why the penalties are being issued, so it’s difficult to comment on why it hasn’t been resolved yet.

All of it is dependant on being able to process the volume of incoming challenges/appeals/enquiries. So, if there’s for example a 4 week backlog, it will take that long before anything happens to stop further penalties being issued.