Cig In A Bag

19 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Cigars were more my thing 🧐

Anyone remember those horrible small cigars with the built-in plastic holder (Cigarella's?)

What a load of commoners you lot are, Park Drive, Capstan, Woodbines, Players weights.

I used to smoke a proper cigarette, PETER STUYVESANT.

I used to turn on the charm with the Ladies, and when I thought I was getting somewhere, I used to slide out my packet of STUYVESANT'S and the deal was sealed.

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Were strong cigs a northern thing  ? I worked with an older bloke who was a Park Drive smoker. He used to work away a lot . When he was going down south ( London mainly ) he always took 

a bagful of Parkies because he couldn’t get them down there.

My mom and dad had several newsagents / tobacconist and sweet shops in London during the 1960s / 70s.

They sold Park Drives but they weren't as popular as up north.

I always remember one man came in every day ( including Saturday and Sunday ) and bought 60 Capstan Full Strength ....  he smoked 60 of these every day  !!

1 hour ago, Padders said:

What a load of commoners you lot are, Park Drive, Capstan, Woodbines, Players weights.

I used to turn on the charm with the Ladies, and when I thought I was getting somewhere, I used to slide out my packet of STUYVESANT'S and the deal was sealed.

Amanda wouldn't be seen stooping to the levels of  smoking  Parkdrive, Woodbines ect because do to her refinery and classyness, she prefers the finer taste in life, ROLL UPS. :hihi:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Cigars were more my thing 🧐

Anyone remember those horrible small cigars with the built-in plastic holder (Cigarella's?)

My dad used to smoke Castella cigarillos. They were about 4 inches long but I don't recall them having holders.

I've never been a smoker but some of my young fag-smoking pals back down in that there London were never without a pack of Gauloises Disque Bleu.

6 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

If I remember correctly,  years ago You could have a Cig machine fitted in your house and the householder could earn a commission. 

I remember that. Family near us on Lowedges had one until the dad sawed it in half wooden, ha, ha!

1 hour ago, francypants said:

My mom and dad had several newsagents / tobacconist and sweet shops in London during the 1960s / 70s.

They sold Park Drives but they weren't as popular as up north.

I always remember one man came in every day ( including Saturday and Sunday ) and bought 60 Capstan Full Strength ....  he smoked 60 of these every day  !!

The fag in the south was Players Weights or Woodbines by choice. Park Drive never really hit it off here in the south. I was a Number 6 man, later Embassy then B&H. The last cigarette I smoked was a Rothmans Royals Lights, that was 22 years ago. Never had one since thank  god. Felt **** for a couple of years, but you get through it. Pack it in for 2 weeks and you've cracked it. Just saying, not easy, but neither is life?

3 hours ago, Padders said:

The epitome of a flash sod  :thumbsup: Did you wear a cravat while smoking them 

Edited by hackey lad
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Padders said:

PETER STUYVESANT.  'The international passport to smoking pleasure.'

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigPP said:

PETER STUYVESANT.  'The international passport to smoking pleasure.'

And the lung clinic 

3 hours ago, sedith said:

The fag in the south was Players Weights or Woodbines by choice. Park Drive never really hit it off here in the south. I was a Number 6 man, later Embassy then B&H. The last cigarette I smoked was a Rothmans Royals Lights, that was 22 years ago. Never had one since thank  god. Felt **** for a couple of years, but you get through it. Pack it in for 2 weeks and you've cracked it. Just saying, not easy, but neither is life?

Those were the ones I was trying to remember when I put the wrong photo of the Wills whiffs. Thanks for that.

6 hours ago, Padders said:

See the source image