Employee Of The Year Andy M

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Some people will hate what Halifax are doing, some will love it, and others wont care. How can they all be right?

I'd have thought very few would love it and almost certainly more will hate it. But my guess is most people will find it a bit annoying though not to the extent they could be bothered to withdraw their business.

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

About ten. Believe me, dealt with many an arse and they are never "always right".  An awful expression.

What business are you in ?

And I do not find the phrase "the customer is always right" inappropriate at all. They are paying your wages, so it is they who are the boss.

Edited by Chekhov

This forum allows anonymity so I would rather not give details of what I do, if that is OK with you?

Indeed they do pay wages but they are never always right, as I clearly just demonstrated.

I don't see what the fuss is about - the way they're closing branches no member of the public will see these badges anyway.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I don't see what the fuss is about - the way they're closing branches no member of the public will see these badges anyway.

Well yes, you dont really need to go into a branch these days much, its not the 1970s.

50 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

And I do not find the phrase "the customer is always right" inappropriate at all. They are paying your wages, so it is they who are the boss.

I think what you mean is, you have to act like they are right even when they arent, the saying is a total fallacy like the saying pictures never lie, pictures do lie all the time, expecially in the age of photoshop and memes.

• Like 1

I wonder where they are investing peoples' money...

I'd assume they're happy to make money from countries with not-so-great human rights records for those of the LGBTQ persuasion. Like all of these companies that put the rainbow flag on their social media profiles, except on the Chinese versions etc.

2 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I wonder where they are investing peoples' money...

I'd assume they're happy to make money from countries with not-so-great human rights records for those of the LGBTQ persuasion. Like all of these companies that put the rainbow flag on their social media profiles, except on the Chinese versions etc.

My bold.

That Just shows them up for the virtue signalling hypocrites they really are. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chekhov said:

If I were a Halifax customer I would not take it very kindly them telling me I have to approve of their Politically Correct woke agenda.

But people don't have to approve..that's why people are leaving the Halifax (which they offered).

Much ado about nothing 

Chekhov said:
And I do not find the phrase "the customer is always right" inappropriate at all. They are paying your wages, so it is they who are the boss.

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

I think what you mean is, you have to act like they are right even when they arent, the saying is a total fallacy like the saying pictures never lie, pictures do lie all the time, expecially in the age of photoshop and memes.

No, I quite specifically mean the customers are always right, as they are paying ones wages.

One can ignore what they odd one wants but one risks one's business as in my experience if one customer complains about anything the chances are 10X that number, or even more, think the same way but can't be arsed to say anything.

On the subject of which, we actually get very few complaints but in my experience when customers do complain they are almost always right :

No one has ever complained before

Edited by Chekhov

16 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Chekhov said:
And I do not find the phrase "the customer is always right" inappropriate at all. They are paying your wages, so it is they who are the boss.

No, I quite specifically mean the customers are always right, as they are paying ones wages.

One can ignore what they odd one wants but one risks one's business as in my experience if one customer complains about anything the chances are 10X that number, or even more, think the same way but can't be arsed to say anything.

On the subject of which, we actually get very few complaints but in my experience when customers do complain they are almost always right :

No one has ever complained before

From website, Justin says:

"Don't get me wrong, complaints/suggestions aren't always correct or justified ...."

Need to make your mind up.

51 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

"Don't get me wrong, complaints/suggestions aren't always correct or justified ...."

He makes things up to suit

1 hour ago, cgksheff said:

This is what I said :

On the subject of which, we actually get very few complaints but in my experience when customers do complain they are almost always right .

Which is pretty much the same thing......

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

He makes things up to suit

You are wrong, see above.....