Dancing Tramp at Hunters Bar

I was going to ask about him, but this thread was already there from 2006.

So he's been at it some time then. The human liver must be more robust than I thought. Still appears regularly at H B and the Precinct, and I've also been told he sometimes makes a special appearance at Malin Bridge.

Does he ride his bike when drunk?

Is it cider man, the guy who rides his bike and stops off to dance every so often?

If it's the same one I'm thinking of I think he makes himself a bit of a nuisance to the park rangers at Endcliffe. He goes in the park and does his business - not in the toilets, but just behind a tree or the shelter. Suppose it wouldn't be so bad if he cleared up after himself, but apparently he doesn't..... :gag:

i can recall a while back being in pizza hut on eccy road and seeing him outside so smuggled him out a slice of pepperoni from the buffet ( i had paid for it so why not ) and gave it him, seemed ok to me, but he did stink but then its expected not haveing a house or a bath/ shower!

If any of you have ever bothered to stop and chat to him (when hes sober) you will quickly realise there is a lot more to him than this thread tells

Shut up - leave him alone

People are rarely homeless for lifestyle reasons

Good on the pizza donor

Thank you

If any of you have ever bothered to stop and chat to him (when hes sober) you will quickly realise there is a lot more to him than this thread tells

Shut up - leave him alone

People are rarely homeless for lifestyle reasons

Good on the pizza donor

Thank you

Not being critical, just curious. How does this happen to people?

I know this guy too, used to talk to him when i was out with mates when we were younger. Was always near the northern general bus stop bottle of cider in hand and push bike beside him, sometimes was randomly sat on the round about near tesco in longley too with his trusty old pedal bike. But generally he's an ok bloke, never had any problems with him, and his dancing...class!!!

I used to see him every morning on my 1 hour 30 min commute to college. He really used to cheer me up, I used to think, wow I'm so sleepy and miserable and here he is dancing. I should be more like that.

Where I worked in Eindhoven there was also a man who used to come to the bus station to sing really loud at 7 am every day. I think sometimes being crazy is not so bad.