Edward Colston Statue Replaced By Protest Figure

19 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Wishing somone dead and not caring if a career criminal who held a gun to a pregnant women's stomach whilst robbing her is dead are hardly the same thing. 

One is already dead (can't change that ) and the other is not 👍

Do you think Floyd was a good man? 

An outstanding citizen?? 

A hero??? 

No, of course not. No sane person would think that would they. 

The downside of light touch moderating. Sadly there will always be those who abuse it. 

That's rich!

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's rich!

Here we go 😂

17 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Are they? 

Oh well, I suppose they are allowed their views too. 

Of course, one of the reasons I’ve always liked SF is because it’s always let right wing barmpots like yourself make complete plonkers of themselves.

Edited by Mister Gee

10 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Of course, one of the reasons I’ve always liked SF is because it’s always let right wing barmpots like yourself make complete plonkers of themselves.

I've always liked SF's large selection of special individuals who randomly start arguments with other posters. Well, that is when they get a bite. 

Good luck. 👍

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

The downside of light touch moderating. Sadly there will always be those who abuse it. 

Nothing wrong with asking questions, being petty and insulting people because they ask questions, kinda makes a person look like ****.

The kind of friction and difference of opinion expressed on this thread is infinitely better than having it moderated! I can live with people having different opinions and a little friction, but over moderation, please god, no!

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Nothing wrong with asking questions, being petty and insulting people because they ask questions, kinda makes a person look like ****.

The kind of friction and difference of opinion expressed on this thread is infinitely better than having it moderated! I can live with people having different opinions and a little friction, but over moderation, please god, no!

Agreed. I never want to see the word "bickering" used by a moderator again.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Agreed. I never want to see the word "bickering" used by a moderator again.

And agreed again.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

I dont mind a good debate even if it gets a little heated but i dont appreciate being stalked around this site by Mister Gee just so he can call me names because i have a different opinion to him

Its obviously a personal attack on me and if carries on i'll just leave this site

17 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I dont mind a good debate even if it gets a little heated but i dont appreciate being stalked around this site by Mister Gee just so he can call me names because i have a different opinion to him

Its obviously a personal attack on me and if carries on i'll just leave this site

In fairness, it was a daft question. They were protesting against racism and the public celebration of a slaver in the form of a statue. What's not to understand about that?

16 minutes ago, Delbow said:

In fairness, it was a daft question. They were protesting against racism and the public celebration of a slaver in the form of a statue. What's not to understand about that?

Because it happened in America

The UK & USA are very different countries.

Its like pulling down statues in the UK for something thats happened in Uzbekistan. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

So regardless of the question was daft or not there is no reason to communicate with me like that.

9 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Because it happened in America

The UK & USA are very different countries.

Its like pulling down statues in the UK for something thats happened in Uzbekistan. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

So regardless of the question was daft or not there is no reason to communicate with me like that.

Oh come on, do you not get that people can be motivated and inspired by what happens in other parts of the world and relate that to their own experiences? 

7 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Oh come on, do you not get that people can be motivated and inspired by what happens in other parts of the world and relate that to their own experiences? 

Yes of course

But on this occasion i felt that the far left just used the killing as an excuse to scream at The Tories and more importantly......white people

Also there is no direct link between Edward Colston and George Floyd

Just admit that they used it to get rid of a statue they didnt like?