The Conservative Party - Part Two.

39 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The man and women in the street, in the supermarket or down at the pub aren't interested in the alleged rule breaking in the Downing Street work place.  What they are interested in and worried about is the cost of living increases.

By elections are never easy for the ruling party to win half way through a term in office.  The turnout is normally low and opposition supporters are more motivated to vote.  It most certainly won't be a surprise  if the Tories lose both of those seats given the reasons why by elections have been called.  

I’ll go along with both of these points, I’ve never heard as much as a whisper about ‘partygate’ when I’m out and about, however I have heard more than a whisper about prices.

As for South West Sheffield voting patterns, this is because it has changed into a homeland for well paid public sector workers and retirees, who know their place politically.

57 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The man and women in the street, in the supermarket or down at the pub aren't interested in the alleged rule breaking in the Downing Street work place.  What they are interested in and worried about is the cost of living increases.

By elections are never easy for the ruling party to win half way through a term in office.  The turnout is normally low and opposition supporters are more motivated to vote.  It most certainly won't be a surprise  if the Tories lose both of those seats given the reasons why by elections have been called.  

You are completely Bonkers, the vast majority of people down the pub ect are disgusted and outraged especially people who lost loved ones during covid plus lonely Pensioners who rely on just going to the shops which  is like a day out to the coast because otherwise they are just confined around the clock with no one, try asking them what they think about Partygate and the Plonker in charge and have you tried as suggested by another forumer, walking through mining villages with "Thatcher was great"  no!  because you wouldn't dare, because you know real Truth about a Tory Goverment and deludedly you still sing their praises and you have the cheek to call anyone who opposes or as an opinion  about Torys Bias, your as bad as the Goverment you support and should be ashamed. Your ignorance makes me sick.

31 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I’ll go along with both of these points, I’ve never heard as much as a whisper about ‘partygate’ when I’m out and about, however I have heard more than a whisper about prices.

As for South West Sheffield voting patterns, this is because it has changed into a homeland for well paid public sector workers and retirees, who know their place politically.

You have never heard so much as whisper about Partygate, where do live? On another Planet with West77.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Much as Johnson and his supporters would like to push that argument which suggests that the man in the street is incapable of joining all the dots.

Johnson is full of promises for the future whilst presiding over a string of gaffes,broken promises and U turns.

The party need to find a capable leader but no one springs to mind from his sycophants in the Cabinet.

The man in the street does want action on the important issues but many question his ability to achieve anything more than preserve his own position.

Its hilarious to see them and The Mail blaming the BBC for smear campaigns against Boris.  Have they forgotten his chief PR adviser Laura Kuenssberg so quickly!

11 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

You are completely Bonkers, the vast majority of people down the pub ect are disgusted and outraged especially people who lost loved ones during covid plus lonely Pensioners who rely on just going to the shops which  is like a day out to the coast because otherwise they are just confined around the clock with no one, try asking them what they think about Partygate and the Plonker in charge and have you tried as suggested by another forumer, walking through mining villages with "Thatcher was great"  no!  because you wouldn't dare, because you know real Truth about a Tory Goverment and deludedly you still sing their praises and you have the cheek to call anyone who opposes or as an opinion  about Torys Bias, your as bad as the Goverment you support and should be ashamed. Your ignorance makes me sick.

You have never heard so much as whisper about Partygate, where do live? On another Planet with West77.

I obviously don’t live in an area where every day conversation is limited to partygate, thank god. 😋

12 minutes ago, RJRB said:

The party need to find a capable leader but no one springs to mind from his sycophants in the Cabinet.

The only two mainstream Tories I like are James Heappey - he comes across as straightforward and honest whenever he does a BBC interview, and Sayeeda Warsi, but she's now in the Lords.

49 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I don’t know which pubs you use but I can tell you in the pubs I use people were talking about getting on looking after the country and laughed at and got angry with Starmers mob going on about party gate 

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I don’t know which pubs you use but I can tell you in the pubs I use people were talking about getting on looking after the country and laughed at and got angry with Starmers mob going on about party gate 

You told me to have a word with myself, you and West77 need to have a word with each other,  lucky you two wern't around back in the day when they said the Titanic was unsinkable, well it sunk, but you two still  wouldn't have believed it,  well news flash, your Gorverment is sinking and people are abanding ship because Captain Boris is actully looking for icebergs, so the pair of you should jump now. :hihi:

44 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I live in the real world on planet earth in the year 2022. 

You're out of touch.  Traditional mining areas such as Bolsover, Bassetlaw and Rother Valley now have Tory MPs  thanks to Boris.  The truth is you genuinely want to believe the vast majority of people down the pub etc are outraged but that's not the case.

I suppose it depends on the sort of people you associate with.

Decent, reasonable and intelligent people expect their leaders to lead by example and to abide by the laws they make. 

You mentioned Bassetlaw - its MP Brendan Clarke Smith was complaining on Jeremy Vine's show yesterday that "people are using personal tragedies with Covid for political agendas".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/notts-mp-under-fire-over-claims-people-use-personal-tragedies-with-covid-for-political-agendas/ar-AAYbghT

This is an example of someone who isn't decent, intelligent or humane. Many people enduring bereavement cannot move past not been able to visit parents, spouses and children who died alone. Yet, that wretch of Bassetlaw doesn't have the insight into people's grief to understand that.

I wonder what Clarke's views are of people who say that Boris Johnson is using the humanitarian catastrophe of Ukraine as a shield to save his sorry arse.  

10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

You told me to have a word with myself, you and West77 need to have a word with each other,  lucky you two wern't around back in the day when they said the Titanic was unsinkable, well it sunk, but you two still  wouldn't have believed it,  well news flash, your Gorverment is sinking and people are abanding ship because Captain Boris is actully looking for icebergs, so the pair of you should jump now. :hihi:

Labour just doesn’t have sufficient public sector workers/retirees to win a general election, and as for Bojo v a dead sheep, my money is on the former.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I live in the real world on planet earth in the year 2022. 

You're out of touch.  Traditional mining areas such as Bolsover, Bassetlaw and Rother Valley now have Tory MPs  thanks to Boris.  The truth is you genuinely want to believe the vast majority of people down the pub etc are outraged but that's not the case.

liar, you live in 1974

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

What you on about “unsinkable “ You said everyone was talking about partygate  , I said they weren’t