Coronavirus - Part Two.

On 21/07/2021 at 17:08, tinfoilhat said:

68% have had both does, 81% had one (all adults presumably) in Doncaster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

I've heard we're short on Pfizer vaccines. 

I'm party to the figures from Doncaster's Director of public health and the BBC figures are just about correct, Donny is though having difficulty engaging with several  communities where there is either resistance to  or ignorance of the vaccine facts..one church alone has 300 members who won't get vaccinated due to the priest's instruction.  There is no shortage of Pfizer in the area, just a shortage of people coming in for a jab.

7 minutes ago, sadbrewer said:

I'm party to the figures from Doncaster's Director of public health and the BBC figures are just about correct, Donny is though having difficulty engaging with several  communities where there is either resistance to  or ignorance of the vaccine facts..one church alone has 300 members who won't get vaccinated due to the priest's instruction.  There is no shortage of Pfizer in the area, just a shortage of people coming in for a jab.

That's a sad state of affairs.

12 hours ago, butlers said:

Large study finds COVID-19 is linked to a substantial drop in intelligence

https://flip.it/dr7Dhe

I have shared it on social media, I wonder how long brfore it gets deleted by the authorities?

I dont know if its fake news, rather early to tell yet.

Guest makapaka

Another massive fall in cases.

Mondays have tended to have low reporting numbers all the way through the pandemic.

It's a strange time as what we have come to regard as a low number often equal the entire number across multiple European countries.

Something is out of shape

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, butlers said:

Mondays have tended to have low reporting numbers all the way through the pandemic.

It's a strange time as what we have come to regard as a low number often equal the entire number across multiple European countries.

Something is out of shape

They’ve gone down every day for the last 5 days massively.

remember tho - when they go up it means number are gonna catapult and we’re all doomed / but when they go down it’s just an anomaly…….

Be great if they stay down , seems to have surprised just about everyone.

30 minutes ago, butlers said:

Be great if they stay down , seems to have surprised just about everyone.

I doubt any Scots present are surprised ... they are now over three weeks past their peak for cases. Deaths also seem to be clearly past the peak there.

Of course, neither we nor they are yet in a position to know the effects of the changes that occurred on 19th July when both nations loosened the stringency of their respective restrictions.

Guest makapaka
11 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I doubt any Scots present are surprised ... they are now over three weeks past their peak for cases. Deaths also seem to be clearly past the peak there.

Of course, neither we nor they are yet in a position to know the effects of the changes that occurred on 19th July when both nations loosened the stringency of their respective restrictions.

I would imagine that schools/colleges/unis closing for summer - and the infection free for all of the euros ending - has far outweighed the final loosening of restrictions which weren’t that much of a further loosening really.

Edited by makapaka

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

I would imagine that schools/colleges/unis closing for summer - and the infection free for all of the euros ending - has far outweighed the final loosening of restrictions which weren’t that much of a further loosening really.

I did read that those crafty kids have been conning the LF tests to get out of school.