Coronavirus - Part Two.

38 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

I thought the tiers were being reviewed today - has anyone heard anything? I can't find any news online.

I assume we'll still be in tier 3 though.

just done a google, as my bosses were waiting till the new announcement to figure out whether its worth reopening again before mid January (we close for 2 weeks from the 2nd of Jan as its the quietest time in Whitby)

Found this

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-uk-updates-millions-more-face-tier-3-restrictions-amid-new-coronavirus-strain-warning-12162014

it mentions Nick Hancocks going to announce tommorow, couldve announced it being later better instead of people hanging on.

In other news, its no wonder transmissions so bloody high with people in care homes passing it around more than outside. now also it seems hospitals are stupid too.

My missuses gran broke her hip a week or so ago, shes in hospital (in sheff), shes just tested positive for covid which she caught in hospital, YET they said she can go home today??? shes 88, just recovering from a hip op, got chronic COPD, on her 4th day of being positive with Covid, yet she was told the 7th day is the most critical.

BUT she can go home..............possibly die of covid...on her own, and also risk giving it to her carers to give to other cared for patients.

Her families said no, they wont accept her being released.

Edited by melthebell

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

just done a google, as my bosses were waiting till the new announcement to figure out whether its worth reopening again before mid January (we close for 2 weeks from the 2nd of Jan as its the quietest time in Whitby)

Found this

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-uk-updates-millions-more-face-tier-3-restrictions-amid-new-coronavirus-strain-warning-12162014

it mentions Nick Hancocks going to announce tommorow, couldve announced it being later better instead of people hanging on.

In other news, its no wonder transmissions so bloody high with people in care homes passing it around more than outside. now also it seems hospitals are stupid too.

My missuses mum broke her hip a week or so ago, shes in hospital (in sheff), shes just tested positive for covid which she caught in hospital, YET they said she can go home today??? shes 88, just recovering from a hip op, got chronic COPD, on her 4th day of being positive with Covid, yet she was told the 7th day is the most critical.

BUT she can go home..............possibly die of covid...on her own, and also risk giving it to her carers to give to other cared for patients.

Her families said no, they wont accept her being released.

Cheers for that Mel - hope your missuses mum is ok.

4 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Cheers for that Mel - hope your missuses mum is ok.

oops fixed it i meant gran, but yeah, cheers fella, it is a worry, prime candidate for snuffing it yet they say she can go home mid term

13 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Plus they have to have the Booster 21 days later.

I had mine today and it is not effective until a week to ten days after your second jab.

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

I had mine today and it is not effective until a week to ten days after your second jab.

Nice one,  stay safe in the meantime.  :thumbsup:

This not bad news. 

MB.

Sincerely hope things go well for the "gran".

Presleyl.

Well done. I wish they  would put some giddy up in rolling it out-so I can get mine.

The strain was identified due to Public Health England’s (PHE) proactive and enhanced monitoring following the increase in cases seen in Kent and London. The variant has been named ‘VUI – 202012/01’ (the first Variant Under Investigation in December 2020).

As of 13 December, 1,108 cases with this variant have been identified, predominantly in the South and East of England.

PHE is working with partners to investigate and plans to share its findings over the next 2 weeks. There is currently no evidence to suggest that the strain has any impact on disease severity, antibody response or vaccine efficacy.

10 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Nice one,  stay safe in the meantime.  :thumbsup:

I will certainly try,  and thank you.

It's looking like all of Yorkshire is staying the same - merry tier 3 Christmas!

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/live-coronavirus-tier-kirklees-leeds-19458780

"The tiers were announced just after 11.30am and there is no movement in any tiers for any area of Yorkshire."

yup, no change really apart from the south east moving up to tier 3, looks like we wont be opening until mid january now as most of our customer base are still in tier 3, we close at the start of January anyway as thats the quietest time of the year in Whitby.

On 16/12/2020 at 11:21, Thirsty Relic said:

Looks like expectations of full vaccine deployment and going back to "normal" by summer are unrealistic according to the National Audit Office:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-less-than-half-of-uk-population-could-be-vaccinated-in-2021-spending-watchdog-says-12162805

Not necessarily - you assume we need to vaccinate everyone for that to happen. A decision might be taken once half are vaccinated to let it rip through the rest on the grounds few will have serious issues (not old, not unhealthy).