Coronavirus - Part Two.

29 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Not necessarily - you assume we need to vaccinate everyone for that to happen. A decision might be taken once half are vaccinated to let it rip through the rest on the grounds few will have serious issues (not old, not unhealthy).

the trouble with that is theyve found out people get sick because of a certain gene or genes, you dont know whos got the "angry" gene until they get it and then its too late, they are really really sick...or dead

40 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Not necessarily - you assume we need to vaccinate everyone for that to happen. A decision might be taken once half are vaccinated to let it rip through the rest on the grounds few will have serious issues (not old, not unhealthy).

They're extending the furlough scheme to April so we can assume we're still in trouble.

18 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

They're extending the furlough scheme to April so we can assume we're still in trouble.

They would not be able to vaccinate everyone by then anyway - timescale I saw was a year. So 6 months from now could be consistent with half the population vaccinated.

18 hours ago, melthebell said:

the trouble with that is theyve found out people get sick because of a certain gene or genes, you dont know whos got the "angry" gene until they get it and then its too late, they are really really sick...or dead

Yes but that is a tiny, tiny fraction that isn't going to overwhelm hospitals.

21 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

But they could adjust it down from 80%, how long can jobs be subsidised to 80%?

9 minutes ago, El Cid said:

But they could adjust it down from 80%, how long can jobs be subsidised to 80%?

its ok working class "tories" saying it can be lowered, what about people on it that still have the same bills and food to pay? do they get lowered?

With the chancellor saying its extended to April i presume theyve looked and believe it can go on longer, and needs to go on?

Rather than working class "tories" willy waving

2 hours ago, nightrider said:

They would not be able to vaccinate everyone by then anyway - timescale I saw was a year. So 6 months from now could be consistent with half the population vaccinated.

Yes but that is a tiny, tiny fraction that isn't going to overwhelm hospitals.

Did you see those people interviewed on TV last night?

One woman declared that God wouldn't let her "catch anything", and a bloke was going to refuse vaccination because he'd been told "it had a chip in it".

Ye Gods.

We don't need many ofthem knocking about!

12 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

One woman declared that God wouldn't let her "catch anything", and a bloke was going to refuse vaccination because he'd been told "it had a chip in it".

Ye Gods.

@RiffRaffI've ceased watching 'The News' OR reading newspapers for exactly that reason - there are some really strange people about, and the media, for some unfathomable reason seem to delight in parading them about.

19 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Ye Gods.

Saw a video on youtube the other day with various nurses being interviewed in the US and why they wont wear masks out in public, despite the fact they do at work (cos they have to)

You just cant make it up, sadly i cant find the same video as im not subscribed

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@RiffRaffI've ceased watching 'The News' OR reading newspapers for exactly that reason - there are some really strange people about, and the media, for some unfathomable reason seem to delight in parading them about.

Hopefully the reason is because they're rare!

Just goes to show though...I mean, what chance is there of sorting this when you've got these elements wandering about?!

Blind religious faith on one hand, moronic ignorance on the other...how do these people "get on" with normal day-to-day stuff?!

Boris already previewing a post Xmas full lockdown, and still going ahead with the Xmas 5 day knees up.....surely most would forego the 5 day thing to avoid full lockdown. I'm not saying we will avoid lockdown by canceling the 5 days of Xmas, but pretty sure we will kill less grandparents.

Edited by Bargepole23
Typo

Keep rolling the Vaccine out, slowly, slowly catchy monkey.  😁

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Boring already previewing a post Xmas full lockdown, and still going ahead with the Xmas 5 day knees up.....surely most would forego the 5 day thing to avoid full lockdown. I'm not saying we will avoid lockdown by canceling the 5 days of Xmas, but pretty sure we will kill less grandparents.

sadly i think theres far too many jingoists out there that would rather die than miss a good old patriotic British Christian tradition