Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

24 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Yes you have;

Post #2251

" However, tradition Conservative  remain  voters are not justified in  not voting for the Conservative Party at the General Election "

Yes but only posting part of my comments takes it out of context.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

Yes but only posting part of my comments takes it out of context.

No it doesn't . They are justified in voting whichever way they want full stop - at any election - for whatever reason they choose.

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

You clearly stated that Conservative remain voters are not justified in not voting for the Conservative Party. 

They are justified in voting how on earth they like - therefore quoting the whole post is irrelevant.

Yes and I gave a reason for that comment.  Remain voters haven't been cheated out of democracy like leave voters have so there is no justification for a remain voter who normally votes Conservative to choose another party solely because the Conservative Party seek to implement the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

Yes and I gave a reason for that comment.  Remain voters haven't been cheated out of democracy like leave voters have so there is no justification for a remain voter who normally votes Conservative to choose another party solely because the Conservative Party seek to implement the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result.

There you go again................................the Conservative remain voters (like any voter) are justified in voting for who they like, when they like and for whatever reason they choose.  That's called democracy.

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

.The fact is that  traditional Labour leave voters are justified in not voting for Labour at the General Election because the Labour Party are now blocking the implementation of the democratic 2016 EU referendum result. 

Really?

I must have been watching a different Labour Party Conference to you then last week, where the vote to become a Remain party was defeated and Labour decided on a policy of negotiating a Brexit deal then putting it to a vote hence blowing any chance of winning an election outright.

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

I must have been watching a different Labour Party Conference to you then last week, where the vote to become a Remain party was defeated and Labour decided on a policy of negotiating a Brexit deal then putting it to a vote hence blowing any chance of winning an election outright.

Yes.

And if all the Tory ERG members had voted for May's deal it would have been passed and we'd have left the EU by now.

But hey, let's blame anyone but the Tories for the mess we're in.

Edited by Longcol

25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Why would a leave voter who wants to see the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result implemented vote for any party that wants to have another referendum before implementing the result of the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result?  The Labour Party don't intend to implement the 2016 EU Referendum vote otherwise they would have ruled out having another Referendum vote on the issue. 

Edited by Lockdoctor

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Why would a leave voter who wants to see the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result implemented vote for any party that wants to have another referendum 

You seem to be making the assumption that all Leave voters are just dumb Brexit fodder who will support any bonkers plan to leave the EU.

Have you considered that some Leave voters may want a final say on what kind of exit is proposed?

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

You seem to be making the assumption that all Leave voters are just dumb Brexit fodder who will support any bonkers plan to leave the EU.

Have you considered that some Leave voters may want a final say on what kind of exit is proposed?

What - you mean not all leave voters want to crash out of the EU without a deal. Whatever next?

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I've not read any leave voter on this forum say they want another EU referendum vote. I've not heard or seen any leave voter on television say they want another EU referendum vote.  Every leave voter I know doesn't want another EU referendum vote and is happy to leave the EU without a deal if necessary.  Let's be honest the only people who want another EU referendum vote are remain voters who  still don't respect the result of the 2016 democratic EU referendum and don't respect the wishes of the majority who voted to leave the EU.

5 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I've not read any leave voter on this forum say they want another EU referendum vote. I've not heard or seen any leave voter on television say they want another EU referendum vote.  Every leave voter I know doesn't want another EU referendum vote and is happy to leave the EU without a deal if necessary.  Let's be honest the only people who want another EU referendum vote are remain voters who  still don't respect the result of the 2016 democratic EU referendum and don't respect the wishes of the majority who voted to leave the EU.

Then you’ve nothing to worry about in the event of another referendum. 

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

Every leave voter I know doesn't want another EU referendum vote and is happy to leave the EU without a deal if necessary. 

You must only know extreme Brexiteers like yourself!

The maximum support for no deal among Leave supporters was 60% so that means 7 million Leave voters don’t support no deal. Why do you think that they shouldn’t have a say on what kind of deal is done?