Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don’t remember any instruction given to Parliament apart from the result of the Alternative Vote referendum in 2011.

I think you have got that wrong. 🙄

No, I'm quite sure the result of the referendum was that we should leave the EU.  You can play on words if you must, but the voting population gave an instruction to Parliament for us to leave the EU.

8 minutes ago, Melchett said:

No, I'm quite sure the result of the referendum was that we should leave the EU.  You can play on words if you must, but the voting population gave an instruction to Parliament for us to leave the EU.

No they didn't, they gave their preference in a vote which was none binding, anybody and everybody can ignore it if they so wish.

20 minutes ago, Melchett said:

You can’t give an instruction in a non binding referendum, you can only advise.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So let’s get this right. Bozo doesn’t have enough support in Parliament to lead a government.

And yet he is managing to do just that and lead a government as they are the ones still holding power.

The opposition does not have a majority though as nothing has been voted on or accepted as of yet as they are still squabbling about it and at the moment couldn't even organise a proverbial pee up in a brewery. Also read the post again as I clearly stated that it would seem  (typo as it should be seen) to be another blow to or maybe a coup on democracy.  That is how many voters who voted leave would see it and I'm sure many in parliament are aware of that. Parliament are very lacking as they won't agree to a deal, they won't agree to revoke A50, they don't want another referendum and yet by forming a caretaker government it will somehow solve everything!

Bercow allowing the Benn Bill to be heard was also described as a coup or undemocratic, however it was passed because it commanded a majority.

I agree that the bill did but taking control and trying to form a temp government is set for disaster for many reasons as in-fighting and squabbling will stop it happening as they all have different ideas of how brexit should or should not progress.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And Parliament can just as easily change its mind.

It’s called democracy!

Yes it can but it seems reluctant to revoke A50 or accept any deal. 

30 minutes ago, melthebell said:

No they didn't, they gave their preference in a vote which was none binding, anybody and everybody can ignore it if they so wish.

That is true however it was not ignored and that is basically it, too late to argue the toss now its done and dusted.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

You are completely wrong. Only the AV referendum had a legally binding instruction based on the result. The EU referendum of 2016 had no such clause in the act of parliament that authorised the referendum. 

Leavers need to do A LOT reading sometimes in order to better contribute. Otherwise we spend unnecessary time on correcting you. 

1 hour ago, apelike said:

.The opposition does not have a majority though as nothing has been voted on or accepted as of yet as they are still squabbling about it and at the moment couldn't even organise a proverbial pee up in a brewery.

This will be the opposition which since Bozo became Prime Minister, has won a major bill in Parliament against a government who has lost 6 votes and one major court case?

44 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

This will be the opposition which since Bozo became Prime Minister, has won a major bill in Parliament against a government who has lost 6 votes and one major court case?

Voting in parliament on a bill is a different matter. As stated, in order for the opposition to take over and form a government it first has to decide on how and what form that will take, who will be included and who the leader will be. If they force a vote of no confidence and win then they have 2 weeks to form a workable government, if they cant then its a GE which would be a big gamble.

This is a good explanation of the problems faced.

https://www.ft.com/content/25346e62-e37a-11e9-b112-9624ec9edc59

Edited by apelike

42 minutes ago, apelike said:

If they force a vote of no confidence and win then they have 2 weeks to form a workable government,

They don’t need to form a workable government, they just have to nominate a Prime Minister to ask the EU for an extension to Article 50 in order to prevent a no deal exit then call an election.

Not too hard to do.

Thursday 31 October 2019 is No Deal Full Clean Brexit Celebration Day!

I've started stocking up on the drinks so that we can party and bring in the new era of freedom and democracy in style! Do we leave with No Deal at 11:00 or midnight? 

I want to know at what time to start the countdown to we're Leaving forever!

Edited by Car Boot

59 minutes ago, apelike said:

Voting in parliament on a bill is a different matter. As stated, in order for the opposition to take over and form a government it first has to decide on how and what form that will take, who will be included and who the leader will be. If they force a vote of no confidence and win then they have 2 weeks to form a workable government, if they cant then its a GE which would be a big gamble.

This is a good explanation of the problems faced.

https://www.ft.com/content/25346e62-e37a-11e9-b112-9624ec9edc59

Again it seems you need correction...

If a person is in place who it seems can command a majority in the House then they get invited to form a govt. They dont have to form the govt first.....

6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I've started stocking up on the drinks so that we can party and bring in the new era of freedom and democracy in style! Do we leave with No Deal at 11:00 or midnight? 

C'mon, you don't know?  But you know everything?

Surely the fact you don't know is a plot by the elitist EU-backing anti-proletariat to undermine the democratic right of the poor and down trodden to get their bottles of cheap UK-manufactured cider out to celebrate the Suicide (P)Act that the ill-informed Leavers voted for after being betrayed by the father of the german-passport-owning children (aka the leader of the Brexit party) and the cheating, lying, sexist, racist PM.

Or are you talking rubbish?

14 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Stop kidding yourself, you’re stocking up because you know they’ll be nothing on the shelves on the 1st November.

Edited by Mister Gee