Shechita & Halal. Identifiable On All Meat & Meat Products Yes/No.

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

If you really had an issue with animal welfare you wouldn't eat meat, that's the crux of it

I've mentioned it several times regarding this topic - I have a big issue with UNNECESSARY cruelty.

Guest makapaka
12 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I've mentioned it several times regarding this topic - I have a big issue with UNNECESSARY cruelty.

I would say there’s a big positional standpoint to take from refusing to eat animals.

not so much from vilifying the practice of eating animals that have their throats cut and accepting eating animals that have been stunned or sticked and then have their throats cut. 

Either way is cruel - so if you don’t like it don’t eat meat. If everyone did that - the cruelty would stop.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As per the topic, should all meats and all meat products containing Halal and Shechita slaughtered meats be labelled to allow people like myself who disagree with these methods, to be able to avoid their purchase.

I have indeed written to the Government on several occasions over the acts, but knitting fog would give better results.

Angel1.

If you want meat that’s definately not halal or kosher it’s marked P-O-R-K.

13 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Your simple position, has a simple solution.

Vegetarianism is cruelty free.  

That's not the point, is it? I mean, I don't eat lamb (don't like it) and I still am concerned about raising and slaughtering of the lambs. 

Also, farming can be unnecessary wasteful/aggressive too and I'm concerned about that too.

Edited by Branyy

3 minutes ago, Branyy said:

That's not the point, is it? I mean, I don't eat lamb (don't like it) and I still am concerned about raising and slaughtering of the lambs. 

Also, farming can be unnecessary wasteful/aggressive too and I'm concerned about that too.

It is the point though. Getting all upset about the way that animals are killed  doesn’t make sense if you aren’t also concerned about how they live.

You raise a good point about farming in general. We all need to eat less meat, however it lives and dies.