Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Sooner or later you both will have a vote in a General Election and have a chance to vote either for or against the party that Boris will shortly lead.  When I cast my vote at the next General Election, I will decide which way to vote by judging the performance of a Boris led Government and whether I think an alternative party to the one which Boris is going to lead can do any better.

Given that Boris is demonstrably opposed to Prime Ministers being imposed by party activists, he must surely call an election straight away. 

He he was very vocal about Gordon Brown taking over from Blair. I’m sure he’s not a hypocrite, so an immediate election it should be.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/boris-johnson-on-gordon-brown-in-2007-1-6104641

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Given that Boris is demonstrably opposed to Prime Ministers being imposed by party activists, he must surely call an election straight away. 

He he was very vocal about Gordon Brown taking over from Blair. I’m sure he’s not a hypocrite, so an immediate election it should be.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/boris-johnson-on-gordon-brown-in-2007-1-6104641

Boris has made it clear that his first job is to deliver the democratic result of the 2016 EU referendum and our country will leave the EU with or without a deal on the 31st October.   

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris has made it clear that his first job is to deliver the democratic result of the 2016 EU referendum and our country will leave the EU with or without a deal on the 31st October.   

Then Boris is every bit the hypocrite, that many people think he is.

I don’t think that is a great quality in a Prime Minister 

23 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

So I can vote Boris out after he's shafted the country - shutting the stable door after horse has bolted and run off a cliff.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Ludicrous attempt.

Are you seriously arguing the slogan was never designed to imply that the NHS would get £350m?

Can you read?

3 minutes ago, retep said:

Can you read?

Can you answer a simple question?

30 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I reckon you could get completely the opposite

6 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Can you answer a simple question?

He’s just failed to explain Tommy Robinson’s violence, so I guess that the answer is “no”.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Sooner or later you both will have a vote in a General Election and have a chance to vote either for or against the party that Boris will shortly lead.  When I cast my vote at the next General Election, I will decide which way to vote by judging the performance of a Boris led Government and whether I think an alternative party to the one which Boris is going to lead can do any better.

OK, well.. word of advice... don't get a serious illness in the next 5 years (at least):

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-48600926

33 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

I reckon you could get completely the opposite

Given every other cause Boris has committed firmly to in the past... almost definately! :hihi:

12 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Then Boris is every bit the hypocrite, that many people think he is.

I don’t think that is a great quality in a Prime Minister 

Every opposition party calls for a General Election after the ruling party changes leader while in Government.   And every ruling party doesn't oblige in calling a General Election after they have just changed leader while in Government. 

12 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

So I can vote Boris out after he's shafted the country - shutting the stable door after horse has bolted and run off a cliff.

With all due respect that is just your biased negative opinion.  Our country has a better chance of getting an improved deal from the EU if we have a Prime Minister they know is genuinely prepared to leave the EU without a deal. 

Edited by Lockdoctor

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

Every opposition party calls for a General Election after the ruling party changes leader while in Government.   And every ruling party doesn't oblige in calling a General Election after they have just changed leader while in Government. 

With all due respect that is just your biased negative opinion.  Our country has a better chance of getting an improved deal from the EU if we have a Prime Minister they know is genuinely prepared to leave the EU without a deal. 

How much do you want to bet on that? The EU deal isn't changing. The make up of parliament is changing. The fact the DUP hold a chunk of power isn't changing. I think we'll be crashing in out in October without a deal or - and this is our best option - it's put on hold for years. 

I suspect the former, I don't know how much the EU are prepared to wait.

Is all this hate for Boris because he's the best chance the Tories have at keeping Labour out of government for a little while longer?