Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He's lost a by-election, the pound has tanked and he's been booed in Wales, NI and Scotland, splurged up £2.1bn on brexit prep and another £100m on marketing telling us how to cope if medicine runs out in the event of no deal.

In 9 days.

I have to ask, what's a bad start?

He could have been born in America 

5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

He's lost a by-election, the pound has tanked and he's been booed in Wales, NI and Scotland, splurged up £2.1bn on brexit prep and another £100m on marketing telling us how to cope if medicine runs out in the event of no deal.

In 9 days.

Agree on everything you've posted except the by-election, that was just Tactical. I'd have thought the Tories would have lost more votes, Libs can thank the lack of two mainstream  parties that didn't put out a candidate and the Brexit party for splitting the Blue voters.

As for medicines, its also good job the yearly flu jabs are in Sept/Oct for those that need them.

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The latest crazy nonsense to come out of Whitehall is that to appease Brexit voting farmers in the event of no deal, the government will buy 100,000 tonnes of British lamb at market rate to offset the zero tariff imports from abroad.

They don’t however, have anywhere to store this meat so there are plans to burn it en masse like during the foot & mouth crisis.

I tell you, these people seriously need to go to jail for what they are doing to our country. 😡 

Yay  to a community barbecue! Takes me back the good old days of the EC beef and butter mountains. (Food) Bank of its day.

letting the less well off eat Lamb once a week should solve that one.

It looks as though Boris is working through his holidays, can’t say the same for most of the other MPs.  He has also made time to visit

Whaley Bridge to take a look at the damaged dam which must be reassuring to the locals.  

He could be on the campaign trail to, if there is going to be a general election.

Edited by hauxwell

2 hours ago, steve68 said:

letting the less well off eat Lamb once a week should solve that one.

The less well off will be eating cheap New Zealand lamb imported tax free, while British farmers will be wondering how long the government will continue to subsidise them before the money runs out.

11 hours ago, Dardandec said:

You're going to get a general election, revoke, or a further extension before the end of October. You die hard Brexiteers need to get over it seriously. Leaving without a deal is not an option, people didn't vote for it and the country cannot afford it.

Little message to the Prime Minister, ;) that little dividend from the RBS created by tax payers money? its owed back to the community in services that they have missed out on for the last eleven years, not rassed up the wall on Brexit crap. Thank you. :)

Just in case you conveniently forgot about that Tax payer owned company, here is a little reminder RBS hands Treasury £1bn in dividends as profits surge

10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

In 9 days.

I'm not a Brexiteer or a fan of Boris, though I expect he has some good points and is not all bad. 

Events will determine the future anything could change in a short space of time.

You must have heard the saying "A week is a long time in politics". 

On 17/06/2019 at 16:42, Halibut said:

He's completely unfit to lead anything. That he's even being considered is emblematic of the moral bankruptcy of the Government.

It’s been interesting looking back at this thread. 

On 17/06/2019 at 17:11, Lockdoctor said:

But, even if those allegations you make are true that doesn't back up your statement that Boris is unfit to lead anything because he was re-elected as Mayor of London.

Why did the people of London who normally vote Labour re-elect the Tory Mayor Boris,  if  he  was only very average?

I reckon they must have been putting something in the drinking water!

On 23/07/2019 at 15:10, Borista336 said:

yes we do and now things will get done instead of the shambles we have had over the past 3 years, go Boris!

How’s it going so far?

On 25/07/2019 at 15:47, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Re the new PM's first address to Parliament and Corbyn's subsequent reply. It looks like Corbyn is in for a torrid time, the PM tore him a new backside. Long may it last.

Angel1.

I certainly hope so. He’s doing a great job isn’t he?

On 23/07/2019 at 15:10, Borista336 said:

yes we do and now things will get done instead of the shambles we have had over the past 3 years, go Boris!

How's that working out?

4 minutes ago, Halibut said:

How's that working out?

He's a national, live practical demonstration of what happens when you put a charlatan in charge,  He's absolutely terrible news for everyone that supported him, like the media and they'll have reduced political capital for some time as a result. He's doing serious and hopefully permanent damage to the Tory party.

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In other news, John Robins, the Chief Constable of West Yorkshire has publicly criticised Johnson for using a police recruitment announcement to make a political speech.

and that poor officer collapsed and he just continued on regardless.