Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

Hmmm...

Back to the original question.

Who is the next Tory leader? And how soon?

55 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Hmmm...

Back to the original question.

Who is the next Tory leader? And how soon?

Out of the previous set of candidates then the Rory bloke seemed to be the only one who understood ordinary people.  

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

To be fair, I agree with William Rees-Mogg Esq’s campaign for the correct use of English.

However the enforced use of Imperial measurement is very dangerous and a health and safety nightmare.

Hansard records over 700 instances of Mogg using is own banned words and phrases.

However the enforced use of Imperial measurement is very dangerous and a health and safety nightmare.

I'd either convert from metric to imperial and use lots of decimal places[1] or use really obscure imperial units like pound foot.

His suggestion to use double spaces after a full stop just shows how out of touch he is. It doesn't make sense if you use proportional fonts and many systems, HTML/web pages for instance, ignore them. At least one editor refuses to let you enter them as the amount of space after a full stop is a formatting issue.

[1] A Chinese website selling a 4 kg product listed it for US customers as 8.818490487 lb.

Edited by altus
Added bit about double spaces.

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m not sure that will wash this time round.

The EU has been absolutely unflinching in it’s position on the withdrawal agreement and they have stated that the negotiations are finished before, during and after the Tory leadership election.

Even the stupidest of Brexit supporters will see that Johnson promising something that he can’t deliver is his fault, not the fault of those who haven’t done anything other than stick to their guns for three years.

He can deliver, no deal - we leave on the 31 October as it's the default condition. Job done.

Angel1.

17 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

He can deliver, no deal - we leave on the 31 October as it's the default condition. Job done.

Nobody voted for no deal and Parliament won’t allow the UK to be damaged by a no deal exit, either by forcing an extension or bringing the government down and forcing a general election.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nobody voted for no deal and Parliament won’t allow the UK to be damaged by a no deal exit, either by forcing an extension or bringing the government down and forcing a general election.

The question was leave or not.  Not what type of leave we do.

We voted to leave, so leaving should be the priority, how we leave secondary.

I hope we stay though.

Sterling down to its lowest point against the euro since the euro was introduced. If Boris works really hard I'm sure he can get below 1:1 by October 31, then the floors the limit.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

I think you meant “Jobs done”.

Quite a lot of them

1 hour ago, JamesR123 said:

We voted to leave, so leaving should be the priority, how we leave secondary.

I must have missed that.

When did we vote to leave?

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I must have missed that.

When did we vote to leave?

Unsure what you mean by that.  Can you explain further please?

13 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

You said that ‘we voted leave’.

What do you mean by that?

7 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Top Cats Hat has a little party trick when adding up the votes in the 2016 democratic EU referendum vote. He counts up all the people who didn't vote, all the people who were not eligible to vote and adds all those numbers to the Remain vote which makes Remain and not Leave the winner of the democratic 2016 EU referendum.   Unfortunately for Top Cats Hat the electoral commission decided to go down the traditional route when adding up the votes and only counted votes placed in the ballot boxes around the UK.