Hmmm... :huh:

This multiquote thing certainly saves a lot of typing... :hihi:

Not that it's ever stopped you 😉

The bickering and sniping is to cease.

16 hours ago, speedy69 said:

Hmmm...:huh:

No, but it's a reply from the forum's very own 'bore draw'

Get some new material glass eye!

That's another screamer from someone whose team specializes in bore draws . Mind you paying only 42 quid to be entertained is a bargain as long as you go home happy and you have enjoyed the match .  OOPS .

On 11/25/2018 at 11:08 PM, St Petre said:

So much for that Save our Owls campaign by the Star, they got relegated anyway.Was the manager then Len Ashurst or Steve Burtenshaw ? Also, did people have to send money to support that silly Star effort?

Wednesday didn't get relegated. The campaign (the season escapes me) was run when Wednesday were threatened with relegation to the old Fourth Division. They avoided it.

In 1981 the Blades found themselves in exactly the same position. The Star didn't carry out a campaign. The Blades were relegated. 

59 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

Wednesday didn't get relegated. The campaign (the season escapes me) was run when Wednesday were threatened with relegation to the old Fourth Division. They avoided it.

In 1981 the Blades found themselves in exactly the same position. The Star didn't carry out a campaign. The Blades were relegated. 

United of Sheffield relegated to the 4th division can't be true some  oneis having a laugh.

Edited by Albert smith

58 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

So it was the Star to blame. Not Martin Peters/Don Givens/John Matthews after all.  🙂

i was at the match were swfc were saved from relegation,but moving on many years,we need this lot sorting now,i have never come across a club that spends millions and by buy older players,didnt quite make it and now stuck with injury prone players ,and a system were the league wont let us spend,even though our owner wants to and he wont go skint,its madness

53 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

So it was the Star to blame. Not Martin Peters/Don Givens/John Matthews after all.  🙂

I'm not saying the Star was to blame. (Although on this forum they do take the stick for many things).

I was politely (hopefully) correcting another poster about Wednesday not  being relegated in the season where the Star ran its campaign. 

In addition the Star chose not to run a campaign when the Blades found themselves in a similar predicament. 

6 hours ago, petcharlie said:

That's another screamer from someone whose team specializes in bore draws . Mind you paying only 42 quid to be entertained is a bargain as long as you go home happy and you have enjoyed the match .  OOPS .

Who's paying 42 quid?

16 minutes ago, speedy69 said:

Who's paying 42 quid?

He"s got Owls and Dire Straights mixed up.

4 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Correct. Yes a 2-1 win on last day at home to Southend United (who did get relegated). Anyone know why that game was played on aThursday night ?