Second referendum time? SF Poll

Vaati

As you can't seem to post like adults, this thread is now closed. You are not to post a new thread or derail any other thread on the subject.

Message added by Vaati

Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?  

190 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wont be voting anyway Im sick of it all

Many fail to mention that one of the reasons (if not the main reason) why we voted to leave was to avoid being subsumed into a future United States of Europe. The original EEC (apart from giving up our fishing grounds) was ok, but see where it's gone and going.

Many fail to mention that one of the reasons (if not the main reason) why we voted to leave was to avoid being subsumed into a future United States of Europe. The original EEC (apart from giving up our fishing grounds) was ok, but see where it's gone and going.

That's right, it's one of the major issues many had. But it's easier for many on forums to revert to the old favourites of implying xenophobia on people who disagree with them, so it tends to be discussed less.

The people didn't want to leave in 2016 and even less of them want to leave now. :suspect:

not according to this poll:loopy::loopy but thats the thing with polls they just are not accurate are they?

---------- Post added 17-11-2018 at 10:48 ----------

Spoken like the xenophobic, backward thinking isolationist that you are.

Maybe you should just stay in and pretend it's the past?

think its people like you that should stay in the past, calling anyone who wants out a backward racist or a xenophobe!

think its people like you that should stay in the past, calling anyone who wants out a backward racist or a xenophobe!

It's the 'go-to' phrases for spoilt, entitled posters, who are bitter about not getting their way. They are terms that they have used in the past, to silence people they disagree with. Pity they can't engage in a sensible discussion, without resorting to use of hate language.

not according to this poll:loopy::loopy but thats the thing with polls they just are not accurate are they?

this poll isn't, as the population of this board is not representative of the population of sheffield or the uk.

i don't think he was calling everyone that, only penny, because on the basis of his previous posts at least one of his personalities is.

---------- Post added 17-11-2018 at 11:01 ----------

It's the 'go-to' phrases for spoilt, entitled posters, who are bitter about not getting their way. They are terms that they have used in the past, to silence people they disagree with. Pity they can't engage in a sensible discussion, without resorting to use of hate language.

whether you want to believe this or not there are a number of people who post on here and exist in the real world who are either racist or xenphobic or both.

this poll isn't, as the population of this board is not representative of the population of sheffield or the uk.

i don't think he was calling everyone that, only penny, because on the basis of his previous posts at least one of his personalities is.

---------- Post added 17-11-2018 at 11:01 ----------

whether you want to believe this or not there are a number of people who post on here and exist in the real world who are either racist or xenphobic or both.

Fair enough it that was the case, I accept that. People posting racist or xenophobic comments should be pulled up on them, and would rightly be deleted / banned.

The general point about throwing those phrases about still stands. They are used all too often in forums as a general descriptions of Leave voters. It's lazy and a nasty way of trying to tarnish good people.

Pity they can't engage in a sensible discussion, without resorting to use of hate language.

.. or just simply making stuff up that isn't true... oh hang on... that's you! :hihi:

.. or just simply making stuff up that isn't true... oh hang on... that's you! :hihi:

Really? Care to elaborate, rather than just saying I'm a liar?

Really? Care to elaborate, rather than just saying I'm a liar?

Sure, you accused me of calling you a racist, which of course, is completely untrue. I never mentioned racism *at all*, the only person who mentioned racism was you!

I particularly liked it when called out for your lie, you proceeded to produce two more to avoid the indignity of having to apologise ;)

The irony, and why I posted in response to your post in this thread, is that you're *at least* as bad as those you're criticising. A rank hypocrit! It's funny but no susprise that you can't see it for yourself.

I also think it's pretty funny, given your posts about how this is a public forum and aren't I bothered what people will think... well, I've got to say, given *your* posts so far... no, I'm not overly worried ;)

Finally, as someone who seems to be hyper-sensitive to slights that you have to make stuff up to get upset about, might I suggest you develop a thicker skin.

There's a very good chance, particularly if Brexit does go pear shaped, that you're going to be branded "a bit thick, slack-jawed, racist and/or xenophobic" for the rest of your life. Clearly, you're going to be needing it! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

Guest makapaka

I think leaving the EU is a terrible idea and I voted to remain however I don’t agree there should be a second referendum.

I think it would undermine our democracy and lead to unrest.