Second referendum time? SF Poll

Vaati

As you can't seem to post like adults, this thread is now closed. You are not to post a new thread or derail any other thread on the subject.

Message added by Vaati

Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?  

190 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wont be voting anyway Im sick of it all

That choice wouldn't get past the electoral commision, clearly.

As you know, it's designed to split the Leave vote and put the Remain vote on one option, hence it wouldn't be the status of a new referendum question.

We would need to decide if we are going to re-run the IN - OUT vote.

Then if people voted out, the deal we have now, or a fiction deal that someone else will negotiate or leave with no deal.

But why would we re-run the first vote?

We would need to decide if we are going to re-run the IN - OUT vote.

Then if people voted out, the deal we have now, or a fiction deal that someone else will negotiate or leave with no deal.

But why would we re-run the first vote?

In

Or

Out on the proposed deal

???

I need help. Are the advocates of à «* Peoples Vote*» saying they want a Second Referendum or are they advocating a vote on the current brokered deal ? I’d probably agree to the latter but not to the former.

The country has voted and that should be respected. I voted Remain and as I own a property in Europe i’ll probably be negatively affected but still believe we should accept the decision.

We have accepted it and have spent two years respecting it while forging a deal.

If that deal is going to be ruinous there’s no point in continuing.

I always thought the Protestant/Catholic split in the Six Counties was 60%/40% ?

At the time of the civil rights movement it was, but that was in the 1960s.

At the last census it was 51.7% Protestant/unionist 48.3% 'Catholic/nationalist. That was in 2011 and with the rate of change of population over the last 7 years, it is now thought to be virtually 50:50. A Catholic/nationalist majority is expected by the time of the next census in 2021. At the last election, Sinn Fèin came within 1000 votes of becoming the largest political party in the North, something which would have been unthinkable 30 years ago. So it would not take many Protestant business owners and their families to throw in their lot with a more secure future in the EU. and a border poll could very easily return a vote for reunification.

(Sorry if this is off topic but a clear understanding of the situation in Ireland is important as much of the withdrawal agreement is predicated on what happens there.)

I always thought the Protestant/Catholic split in the Six Counties was 60%/40% ? Have demographics changed that much ? Not sure that even the Remain voting Unionist vote would want political union with Ireland. Very unlikely that the island of Ireland vote as a whole would be a credible expectation

---------- Post added 16-11-2018 at 18:54 ----------

It’s all too late. Both major parties say that they respeçt the decision to Leave. The Lib Dems have 8 MPS and Greens 1, SNP, around 35 I think. The horse has bolted

*Sigh*

You are being very disingenuous. You are assuming that Parliament will overturn the referendum result unilaterally. No one is arguing for this. A People’s Vote is the only way to stop this from going all the way.

As it stands, the deal put before us will die in a Commons vote. Amendments will be stacked a mile high on it. Don’t be surprised if another referendum will be one of them. There are plenty of MPs calling for another vote on both sides.

The people were too stupid the first time round, I have no expectation that they would change their stupid parochial gammon minds a second time......even after two years of our standards of living going down.

In

Or

Out on the proposed deal

???

We have already voted to leave, why would we run that again, we know people want to leave.

The people were too stupid the first time round, I have no expectation that they would change their stupid parochial gammon minds a second time......even after two years of our standards of living going down.

Not everyone wishes to be connected , deal with, or be involved with foreigners in Europe.

Not everyone wishes to be connected , deal with, or be involved with foreigners in Europe.

If a polish chap drove to your door with a van load of knocked off ciggies you'd take his arm off.

If a polish chap drove to your door with a van load of knocked off ciggies you'd take his arm off.

I buy mine from a Yorkshire man

Are French people living in France foreigners.

Are English people living in Penistone foreigners if you live in Rome.

We are all foreigners to some people,and it is your silly attitude that leads to friction,disputes and wars.

I will continue to enjoy the pleasures of European and world travel and hope to meet many more “foreigners “

We have already voted to leave, why would we run that again, we know people want to leave.

Because people should be allowed to change their minds... or should they?