Second referendum time? SF Poll

Vaati

As you can't seem to post like adults, this thread is now closed. You are not to post a new thread or derail any other thread on the subject.

Message added by Vaati

Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?  

190 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wont be voting anyway Im sick of it all

14 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Ok then, explain why, in your opinion, it's highly unlikely.

At the moment, the national minimum wage is £7.83 and hour. Let's take away the percentage of migrant folk who are educated at degree level, and will naturally earn significantly more, and that leaves the remainder to take the more medial jobs, which at the moment give an annual income of just over £16000 a year. Of course there will be another percentage of these folk who go in to further education to improve their skills, and some who will progress higher in their workplace, but that will still leave a huge proportion that remain on standard pay throughout their working lives. Based on the rates for medial jobs, they don't have a good history of regular pay rises, unless it's in line with the government standard rates. In short, we can only estimate that a large proportion of immigrants will only ever earn a basic amount, which even at minimum wage levels are significantly higher than what they could earn in say, Poland etc so based on that, thy would struggle to earn the amounts the report says. But of course this is just my opinion and in no way does this constitute a legally binding contract between me, the writer and the general public at large. X

7 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

At the moment, the national minimum wage is £7.83 and hour. Let's take away the percentage of migrant folk who are educated at degree level, and will naturally earn significantly more, and that leaves the remainder to take the more medial jobs, which at the moment give an annual income of just over £16000 a year. Of course there will be another percentage of these folk who go in to further education to improve their skills, and some who will progress higher in their workplace, but that will still leave a huge proportion that remain on standard pay throughout their working lives. Based on the rates for medial jobs, they don't have a good history of regular pay rises, unless it's in line with the government standard rates. In short, we can only estimate that a large proportion of immigrants will only ever earn a basic amount, which even at minimum wage levels are significantly higher than what they could earn in say, Poland etc so based on that, thy would struggle to earn the amounts the report says. But of course this is just my opinion and in no way does this constitute a legally binding contract between me, the writer and the general public at large. X

Did you know that 62 percent of migrants from western Europe are educated to degree standard as compared to 24 percent of the native labour force? I suspect perhaps not. 

Also the word 'medial' is not the word you were looking for and makes no sense in the context in which you used it.

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

Did you know that 62 percent of migrants from western Europe are educated to degree standard as compared to 24 percent of the native labour force? I suspect perhaps not. 

Also the word 'medial' is not the word you were looking for and makes no sense in the context in which you used it.

I personally know at least 30 people from Poland, Latvia, Romania and Lithuania and not one of them are educated to degree level. What would your statistics say about that?

Oh, and the word Medial means average.

I'm surprised a person of your Googlonic power was unable to assert this, but I'm sure you will find a way of saying it means Onion Rings in Swahili.

1 minute ago, BrexitGuy said:

I personally know at least 30 people from Poland, Latvia, Romania and Lithuania and not one of them are educated to degree level. What would your statistics say about that?

Oh, and the word Medial means average.

I'm surprised a person of your Googlonic power was unable to assert this, but I'm sure you will find a way of saying it means Onion Rings in Swahili.

The word you were trying for was 'menial'. Look it up.

These past few pages have been great: after Brexit, given the minimum salary thresholds applicable to highly-skilled EU immigrants under third country rules, and given that the U.K. will still be needing to import those skills to keep competitive, then all those low-paid natives replacing the departing low-paid EU27 migrants, are going to have higher-paid foreign-born bosses!

Can’t hardly wait for those unskilled Leave voters to cop on to that one  :hihi:

Edited by L00b

18 minutes ago, Halibut said:

The word you were trying for was 'menial'. Look it up.

Jesus Wept. "Medial Jobs".

23 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

Jesus Wept. "Medial Jobs".

I know. It's pathetic isn't it?

I might just stop talking!

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

Its heading for no deal, The cabinet are discussing it as we speak.

I would hope they've been planning for it for while..y'know,just in case..doesn't mean it's going to happen..