No Live away games for Owls fans on Radio Sheffield

iansheff

The clear majority of fans are against it. It's evident if you check OwlsTalk. Not sure if some sort of sction is going to be take by them, who knows.

It's not even a sound business decision. I'd like to hear an actual justification for the decision. Do you have one?

I do check on Owlstalk, but Owlstalk does not represent the majority of Wednesday supporters, it's full of 'Fake News', drama queens and hyperbolic content like every other online media these days, in fact even mischievous Unitedites go on there ;)

As for justification, read the club statement.

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 09:33 ----------

WAWAW? or just the ones currently splashing the cash?

Money talks, it's that simple, the chairman like many other businessmen (and football club chairmen) is taking risks, the gamble to try and get the club to the Premier League (yes, 'Money' again), it's his club now we either support or we don't. The arguments around costs have existed since Chansiri started influencing ticket prices etc, if his gamble fails it won't be the first or the last, but watch all the complainers come running back if it works, or get's somewhere close !

Edited by Michael_W

Well done Wednesday, the BBC are screwing clubs outside the Premier League to pay for the increased costs of covering the Premier League. Fair play DC whilst all the others stand fort eggundertat.

Of course they are right it is the other 62 clubs and their fans that are wrong By the way check YOUR hat before you put it on.

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 10:09 ----------

Don,t think we have heard the last of this. Who makes the next move do the BBC pay up, or does DC withdraw there press passes altogether. Watch this space.

Only one loser if that happens .YOU LOT.

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 10:11 ----------

I was annoyed by this earlier but having read a little more into it the above poster is correct the cost for covering the greedy Premier League has increased so they are trying to make up the shortfall by dropping the money for the Championship, can I ask for a 10% drop in the license fee???

Hopefully other clubs will also make a stand, RS almost survives on its football coverage.

Don't bite the hand.

In the mean time coff up your fiver.I can not stand greedy clubs like you.

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 10:18 ----------

dont think we can get freeview either lol, can you get freeview stuff on sky, we have sky

Nearly all tele's have free view in them just look towards the end of the program listings and you will come across all local radio station LEEDS,YORK,HUMBERSIDE AND SHEFFIELD .My brother lives in Cloughton near Scarboro'and he listens to it all the time.

I do check on Owlstalk, but Owlstalk does not represent the majority of Wednesday supporters, it's full of 'Fake News', drama queens and hyperbolic content like every other online media these days, in fact even mischievous Unitedites go on there ;)

As for justification, read the club statement.

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 09:33 ----------

Money talks, it's that simple, the chairman like many other businessmen (and football club chairmen) is taking risks, the gamble to try and get the club to the Premier League (yes, 'Money' again), it's his club now we either support or we don't. The arguments around costs have existed since Chansiri started influencing ticket prices etc, if his gamble fails it won't be the first or the last, but watch all the complainers come running back if it works, or get's somewhere close !

Very bizarre. All the best.

Money ,money money coming-out of Bramall Lane after the millions that they have trousered over the last twenty years must be the biggest case of cover the gob and shout full up:hihi:.

Oh dear you do not get it do you.I would imagine you are referring to the unproven allegations that the owner of the Blades have taken money out of the club and robbed it.IF and I say IF that is true the difference there is that him being the owner is robbing is own business one thing no body can accuse him of and I mean NOBODY is he has never ever rob the fans or in your case the customer.I do not wish to start my club your club childish and some what biased argument and I do not care a cows left hanger what you do with your money or how you spend it mate but open your eyes pal you take those blinkers off you are getting screwed and you know What? I am sure you know that if only you could admit it.

So the BBC are paying the PL £7.5m more this season at the expense of the EFL clubs, the clubs in the Championship should have taken a stand. It is the thin end of the wedge cutting the money from the EFL to pay more to the PL that is awash with cash. The lower teams in the EFL need the money more than the Championship clubs and so are in a position where anything is better than nothing. Why have the EFL not stood up to the BBC, they are all for a level playing field with the FFP rules, don't tell me they were scared of them.

The clear majority of fans are against it. It's evident if you check OwlsTalk. Not sure if some sort of sction is going to be take by them, who knows.

It's not even a sound business decision. I'd like to hear an actual justification for the decision. Do you have one?

You must understand mate that there are fans of the owls on here( like there would be if we were discussing the same argument if it was the Blades )who will defend their club no matter what the club might do to them.They could be greeted at every game by guys demanding money from them while holding a gun to their head it would be ok by them. So you must allow for these guys who would do anything rather than criticise their club.