The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Heheh seems the extremists are frothing now they think they might not get the hard brexit they wanted :hihi: its in the EUs court obviously, but going on the governments plan its going to be soft, and some dummies are being spat :hihi:

i said months if not years ago some people would be very disappointed.

I want a NO DEAL.

.. and I'm going to sqweam and sqweam and sqweam until I get it.

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 17:41 ----------

The people who voted to leave and who were the winners of the referendum are not complaining about the possibility of the UK leaving the EU without a deal.

Untrue, some of them clearly are.

It is only the people who voted to remain and don't accept the referendum result, who are complaining about that possibility.

Nope, less than half of leavers also want to leave the single market.

The fact is remain lost and leave won.

Why should leavers be forced to endure something that most of them didn't vote for? Aren't you all about "democracy"?

The people of England who voted to leave the EU should not be denied their wishes as a consequences of the Good Friday agreement, which happened 20 years ago. Two former Prime Ministers warned the whole electorate there might be a problem regarding the Good Friday Agreement before the electorate voted.

And Brexiteers said it'd be no problem. It seems they were wrong.

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 17:42 ----------

Heheh seems the extremists are frothing now they think they might not get the hard brexit they wanted :hihi:

The dummies are arcing through the sky! :hihi:

The people of England who voted to leave the EU should not be denied their wishes as a consequences of the Good Friday agreement

Why not?

The referendum in 2016 was simply a poll of people in the UK and its result had no legal status. The referendum on the Good Friday Agreement obliged the British Government to establish the Northern Ireland Executive under the 1998 Northern Ireland Act.

In 1998, 85% of the electorate of Ireland voted for the Good Friday Agreement.

In 2016, 39% of the electorate of the UK voted for Brexit.

So on a constitutional, legal, political and democratic basis, the Good Friday Agreement trumps Brexit and by quite a margin. Or are you saying that the wishes of 39% of people in the UK should override the wishes of 85% of the people of Ireland?

The leaders of the other 27 countries of the EU certainly don't agree with you which is why they have repeatedly reminded May and her bunch of clowns that the issue is non negotiable and nor should it be.

How is that even related to what I posted?

Plus, you're speaking for others again.

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 17:02 ----------

I'll ask the question again.

"Do you respect the wishes of the people of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland who voted overwhelmingly in a democratic referendum to support the terms of the Good Friday Agreement?"

Yes = Respect

No = Don't respect.

Pretty simple huh?

When I made my decision to vote for the UK to remain in the EU, The Good Friday Agreement had no influence whatsoever in my reasoning. I suspect almost all voters in England, Scotland and Wales never gave the Good Friday Agreement a thought before they decided, which way to vote. It is only people who don't respect the referendum result, who are banging on about the Good Friday Agreement. If the Good Friday Agreement is so important, then the EU should bend over backwards rather than the UK Government about the Irish border. To answer your question, I don't care about The Good Friday Agreement.

When I made my decision to vote for the UK to remain in the EU, The Good Friday Agreement had no influence whatsoever in my reasoning. I suspect almost all voters in England, Scotland and Wales never gave the Good Friday Agreement a thought before they decided, which way to vote. It is only people who don't respect the referendum result, who are banging on about the Good Friday Agreement. If the Good Friday Agreement is so important, then the EU should bend over backwards rather than the UK Government about the Irish border. To answer your question, I don't care about The Good Friday Agreement.

in other words sod Northern Ireland :roll: nice attitude

Speaking for others yet again.

Actually I asked the question to highlight your conflict when it comes to respecting democracy.

Why don't you care about the Good Friday Agreement, you do understand it, don't you?

Edited by SnailyBoy

The Irish PM said it's time for EU to stop being dogmatic on some of their red lines and give a little after the chequers meeting. The UK is leaving the EU and we will also be out of the SM & CU. the supremacy of the ECJ will also end that sounds like leaving to me..

To answer your question, I don't care about The Good Friday Agreement.

Interesting.

So you think that an electoral promise made by David Cameron to prevent Tory voters from voting UKIP, is more important than a hard won negotiated settlement which looks to have ended an 800 year conflict between Britain and her nearest neighbour?

Seriously?

Interesting.

So you think that an electoral promise made by David Cameron to prevent Tory voters from voting UKIP, is more important than a hard won negotiated settlement which looks to have ended an 800 year conflict between Britain and her nearest neighbour?

Seriously?

I think that the will of the 17.4 million who took the time to vote Brexit should be paramount. It really is as simple as that. It trumps (no pun intended) all other decisions taken to water down the referendum.

Angel1.